• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Superfluous Commands

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Time to simplify the playing experience. This is an early step to helping new players feel at home here.

1. Attributes: Remove the attribute commands from the help menu. Its good to be able to see them in /stats, since it gives you an idea of each class's strengths and weakness, but there is no need for the /attribute add, etc. to be in the help menu.

2. /hero info and /hero whois are identical commands. One should be removed. If there are any other identical commands, they should be consolidated as well.

3. /chat list is cluttered with the remnants of old dead town channels. I got quite nostalgic as I waded through them, searching for a current town's chat so I could /ch who their channel. Please remove/archive the old chats, or at the very least send the new channels to the top of the list.

Any other commands you can think of to prune?

Tl:dr

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Time to simplify the playing experience. This is an early step to helping new players feel at home here.

1. Attributes: Remove the attribute commands from the help menu. Its good to be able to see them in /stats, since it gives you an idea of each class's strengths and weakness, but there is no need for the /attribute add, etc. to be in the help menu.

2. /hero info and /hero whois are identical commands. One should be removed. If there are any other identical commands, they should be consolidated as well.

3. /chat list is cluttered with the remnants of old dead town channels. I got quite nostalgic as I waded through them, searching for a current town's chat so I could /ch who their channel. Please remove/archive the old chats, or at the very least send the new channels to the top of the list.

Any other commands you can think of to prune?

Tl:dr
You can't remove attributes as they're not superfluous. while you cannot change them as a normal class they still effect your stats in various ways and there are skills that modify them. they're useful even if you cannot edit them.

Ontop of that there are legendary classes which can actually change their stats thus need the commands.

Also imo it doesn't hurt to have duplicates of commands. a lot of commands on this server are designed in such a way that if you didn't know the commands you could take a guess at the command and probably get it right. having multiple aliases just helps with that.

As for the channel lists I do agree with you there is so much clutter as the channels haven't been cleared in several maps now.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You can't remove attributes as they're not superfluous. while you cannot change them as a normal class they still effect your stats in various ways and there are skills that modify them. they're useful even if you cannot edit them.

Ontop of that there are legendary classes which can actually change their stats thus need the commands.
The suggestion was to remove the related commands from the help menu, not to remove the actual attributes. Apologies if it was unclear.

These commands take up the first few pages of the /hero menu, and only legendary classes can utilize the commands. It might make sense to hide the attribute commands on non-legendary class's help menus. There are only 2-3 legendary players per map anyways, and they know how to navigate around a menu or go to the wiki by the time they reach legendary.

The server is daunting to the new player, it has many commands and systems. We all think of them as second nature because we've been here before, but for a new player who can't even get out of Tour chat without asking for help, its a bit much. If anyone has any other ideas on how to make the server more new-user friendly, lets hear them!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The suggestion was to remove the related commands from the help menu, not to remove the actual attributes. Apologies if it was unclear.

These commands take up the first few pages of the /hero menu, and only legendary classes can utilize the commands. It might make sense to hide the attribute commands on non-legendary class's help menus. There are only 2-3 legendary players per map anyways, and they know how to navigate around a menu or go to the wiki by the time they reach legendary.

The server is daunting to the new player, it has many commands and systems. We all think of them as second nature because we've been here before, but for a new player who can't even get out of Tour chat without asking for help, its a bit much. If anyone has any other ideas on how to make the server more new-user friendly, lets hear them!
If that's your argument then I'd counter that in saying that they should remain but at least be moved to the end of the help menu rather than the first few pages. Ontop of that I still don't think hiding them is a good idea because while normal classes cannot edit them they're still applied to those classes and can be modified through skills and temporary buffs. So having that information available would be useful.