• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove arenas

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
There are some threads that have this but I wanted to bump it.

Arenas have killed world PvP. I remember when they were added in PvP went way down. Now we have people who sit in there town all day doing arenas. They are fun but world PvP is much better. All of last map and the start of this map people went out and looked for PvP. Now they can get it in arenas and if they die they don't lose anything. There are more arenas than PvP kills. They should either be removed or have a certain limit per day.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
There are some threads that have this but I wanted to bump it.

Arenas have killed world PvP. I remember when they were added in PvP went way down. Now we have people who sit in there town all day doing arenas. They are fun but world PvP is much better. All of last map and the start of this map people went out and looked for PvP. Now they can get it in arenas and if they die they don't lose anything. There are more arenas than PvP kills. They should either be removed or have a certain limit per day.
I have to disagree with the bolded section. There is still world pvp. There are a few towns (or just 1-2) that get raided all the time (or at least during peak times), and I personally live in one. So I pretty much could spend a lot of time PVPing if I just had the levels to fight. Just join a town that gets constantly raided by people who want to farm high evil karma and you'll have your PVP. Also, if you are saying arenas killed world PVP, it could possibly mean all/most of the people you PVP arent willing to fight/lose their equipment. Whats the fun in a fight if you just have to use a few skills to beat an underleveled person or someone who cant even fight back?

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
well the difference is -for me- i think the thing about world pvp is you do it for the items you get for killing the person and theres alot of risk in world pvp that comes with that. (and now there is karma to go after) however, arenas are something you can do where you dont really gain much and you can just go in with friends and have fun with the full class set of items you get. i dont believe it has killed world pvp. and multi is right. we know from experience theres plenty of world pvp going on :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think Arenas have been a boon to pvp overall. I play a class that isn't really able to take anybody 1v1 in world pvp unless I am far more prepared than they are (which is rare). However I gladly jump in on the opportunity to use the arenas. Without them, I would still be avoiding world PVP and resort to just building/mining all day. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me out there who feel the same.

macura

Diamond
Maybe there could just be a decent cost on arenas, like 6+c so that you can choose to do arenas but they become less preferable. Also i do agree that world pvp has died, it has been reduced to running around in circles camping people.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe there could just be a decent cost on arenas, like 6+c so that you can choose to do arenas but they become less preferable. Also i do agree that world pvp has died, it has been reduced to running around in circles camping people.

I can agree with an upped cost.

As with world pvp being reduced I'm not so convinced. The word reduced implies it used to be better. It never was.

The only thing I have to say is basically everything said here:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/designated-area-for-pvp.38781/

macura

Diamond
I can agree with an upped cost.

As with world pvp being reduced I'm not so convinced. The word reduced implies it used to be better. It never was.

The only thing I have to say is basically everything said here:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/designated-area-for-pvp.38781/
It really was reduced, everyone used to pvp, not consistantly but at least occationally. Now it is like a fucking ghost town, no one fight or even leaves their regions. It has gotten to the point where world pvp is pretty much dead.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe we have them but to join one you have to go to some place in the map. It is no PvP but you will need to cross a PvP zone to get there. Kind of like the mob arenas last map. There was some risk of running to them. This should stop people from sitting in their town all day.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe we have them but to join one you have to go to some place in the map. It is no PvP but you will need to cross a PvP zone to get there. Kind of like the mob arenas last map. There was some risk of running to them. This should stop people from sitting in their town all day.

That would be border humping all over again. That's not PVP :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
It would make it have a risk involved.

That's true, but the risk is artificial. People will find a way around it, such as sending the wizard in first to get around the people camping the entrance, then GTP. Wizards could even make money selling those GTPs to strangers (more money for wizards, which means the over-abundance of wizards would be more of a problem than ever). The crap that went on outside mob arenas last map is a horrible example of world PVP and I hope it never returns.