• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove ability to AOE through walls/glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
These things are so annoying, especially during a raid when town members are inside but still getting damaged from pulse, plague bomb etc, especially when something like plague bomb has a short cooldown and does tons of damage. I don't know what kind of support this idea has, but I've pretty much had it with aoe wars with a wall dividing both sides.

cschris54321

Soulsand
Their was already a thread about this a little while ago. Someone should post the like or the op should just look it up.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Its an AoE its meant to affect an area dont like it move your living areas farther down the max aoe is like 8-10 range

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
This would put tons of strain on the server, so this cannot be done at this time.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
i just think its counterproductive to true pvp. but if it can't but done, then i understand
Actually, its counterproductive to PvP for players to hide inside. If you don't like taking the damage, kill the players. Plus, logically, why wouldn't magic seep through blocks?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
My only problem is plaguebomb being thrown through closed doors and glass panes. I've been told its exploiting to do so but it doesn't stop most beguilers.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
My only problem is plaguebomb being thrown through closed doors and glass panes. I've been told its exploiting to do so but it doesn't stop most beguilers.
Well if its totally bypassing blocks, that's different. And I'm sure that can be fixed/is an exploit. (Blinking through blocks was fixed and is an exploit) Although, you might be better to post that in the exploit forums.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5

yeah, this is my main concern and mostly why i brought it up. guys were hitting me with bombs through walls and as far as I know thats either exploiting, or it's by design, but obviously just a bit of an unfair design. 6 second cooldown to be able to do creeper damage through a door, or a wall is pretty insane.

the reason why i say aoe's are counterproductive to pvp is that everyone from both sides just gets into an aoe war that never end. I mean, whats to stop someone from aoe-ing through a wall when theyre mostly at a safe distance and theyre probably not going to die, but are still dealing enough damage to think that its worth while. it just turns into a big troll fest and I would definitely be more willing to go out and fight if I didn't have the ability to stand near a wall and constantly reckon guys (though keep in mind that reckoning does little damage now). I guess its in the coding or something that any skill that affects a large area has to be an aoe, and not a skill, otherwise I would suggest switching plague bomb to be classified as a skill, which are not allowed to be used through glass pane which I've heard is the case for other skills like bash/strike, because as it is, it's far too strong an aoe to be using through walls/glass whereas most aoe's are just a minor annoyance as far as health is concerned.

cliffs.
-would like to see cooldown increased/skill not be allowed to be used through walls/or reduce damage of plaguebomb

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not doable at this time. While ultimately, yes we would like to have walls block AE's the extra calculations it would take to ensure there are walls or not would dramatically increase the weight of the plugin.

It is legal to use AE's in any situation.
If you don't want to be hit through walls, I suggest you not stand so close to them or move further underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.