• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remade endermage

Is this class too strong or too weak? POST WHY IN COMMENTS

• Yes, this class is too strong (Post why in comments)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, The class is too weak (Post why in comments)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, the class is just right.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Even before endermage was introduced, I always wanted to suggest a class called endermage. However I never really got around to posting it. So when it was introduced, I thought, "Sweet hope it's a pretty good class". I took one look at it and laughed my ass off, because it was a copy and paste of shaman. It even had the heals, as a caster. When I thought of a very mobile squishy moderate damage caster that can also manipulate their targets. However I like the AOE caster idea as well. But almost all of hydromancer's skills are AOE, so why add that to this as well. Although I will still throw some AOEs the endermage's direction. Anyways, this is my take of how endermage should be. Please note I am not a balance team member, so all skill cost/effects are a rough guess.

(New) Lore:
"Even before the first casters had mastered magic, one creature had understood magic far before them. Endermen. The endermages realized this, and harnessed the ancient power of the end. They can bring a party across a dimension, or teleport you around at their will. Never seek to fight an endermage, for one moment you see them, the next you don't."

The spacing is weird, It won't let me put large spaces between wording, so sorry if it's a little hard to read

Endermage

Health: 600~ at level 1

All leather armor

Attributes- Strength:- 5 Constitution- 13 Endurance- 7 Dexterity- 6 Intellect- 30 Wisdom- 20 Charisma- 15

(I put the attributes in for an idea of how much damage, how much health, mana regen, ECT.)

Skills:

Endermark Lvl 1 Passive No CD Enderforce "Endermark" Your target, making other skills have deal bonus effects. Endermark last 3.5 seconds

Enderforce Lvl 1 100 mana 6s CD You focus your enderpower around your target, Dealing 75 damage and endermarking them. 1 second warmup

Blink
Lvl 5 80 mana 13s CD You blink forward 11 blocks, you can go through 1x1 holes as well.

Enderpurge Lvl 10 150 mana 15s CD You remove the endermark from your target, dealing 75 damage and slowing them for 2 seconds (Slowness 2). can only cast on ender marked targets

Telebomb Lvl 20 150 mana 15s CD You forcibly teleport your target forward 7 blocks, dealing them 50 damage and nauseate them for 3s if they are endermarked. .5 second warm up

SummonEnd
Lvl 25 235 mana 33s CD At the location of your cursor (within 15 blocks) You summon a patch of magical endstone (5x5 patch) which last for 6 seconds, dealing 10 damage every two seconds to each person standing on it while stunning them for .25 seconds every 3 seconds while they are on it. 2s warmup

Enderpearls lvl 30 Passive 60s CD (in combat) You can use enderpearls! They have a 60s cooldown in combat. As a endermage, you travel with the pearl (riding it, as if it were a mount), until it lands. You can not throw another pearl of cast skills while on a pearl, and if you are damaged while riding the pearl you will dismount it and the skill will enter cooldown

Enderblock Lvl 40 190 mana 23s CD You prepare for a melee strike for an enemy. If they strike you within 2 seconds you teleport 5 blocks behind them, facing the attacker and if they are endermarked you blind them for 1 second

Enderbomb lvl 45 220 mana 19s CD You summon an intense blast of ender energy at your target, dealing 125 damage and doing 75 damage to anyone within 4 blocks of them. if they are endermarked you will teleport the target and anyone within the 4 block radius back 3 blocks. 1.5s warmup

Blackhole lvl 50 Same stuff as current black hole (That skill is fun as hell to cast)

Endrealm Lvl 55 300 mana 4m CD You teleport you and your current party (within 10 blocks) to the end.

EnderDragonsFury lvl 60 275 mana 35s CD You summon the breath of the ender dragon, dealing 150 damage to everyone in 7 blocks in front of you, and if they are endermarked then they will be nasueated for 5 seconds and recieve 10% extra magic damage for 5 seconds

Notes-
Probably either bad or good, Op as hell or UP as hell. like I said I have little idea what is balanced and what is not. If you have a comment on skill damage/effect, then I will do my best to add it into the class. Hopefully if the HC team decides to redo the class like this then they will balance it out to an effect but not OP class.

This class is meant to be able to outkite any non-mobile class, however all skills are medium range, so casters and healers will stand a chance against it. All you have to do is stun/silence the ender mage as a rogue to defeat them. Non mobile melee classes will have a very hard time facing it, as it can always stay out of range while dealing (Hopefully) consistent damage.

Overall, probably not balanced, but my idea as how the endermage should work.

Last edited:

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Just going to say it, too many teleports and it steals way too many unique utility skills from wizard and beguiler. We were considering adding the end as a playable world, so perhaps it could have a hellgate type skill to the end, but that's it. (You could go to spawn through another portal in the end, of course). It's also OP as OP gets. I don't want to rag on you too much though, it is a good pitch for sure. We haven't seen a class like this before.

DailyDoseOfVitMe

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Honestly I think the class is just fine how it is there's just one thing... it runs out of mana way too fast imo, and it's not exactly a 1v1 class but it's great in group fights which usually makes up for it. Like I can put down 3-4 totems and immediately run out of mana with endermage.

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Honestly I think the class is just fine how it is there's just one thing... it runs out of mana way too fast imo, and it's not exactly a 1v1 class but it's great in group fights which usually makes up for it. Like I can put down 3-4 totems and immediately run out of mana with endermage.

It's not that it's eh for a class, the thing I dislike about it is how unoriginal it is. If it had a new, unique skillset, then I could care less. But I mean, If I wanted to play a totem class, I'd just go shaman.

Just going to say it, too many teleports and it steals way too many unique utility skills from wizard and beguiler. We were considering adding the end as a playable world, so perhaps it could have a hellgate type skill to the end, but that's it. (You could go to spawn through another portal in the end, of course). It's also OP as OP gets. I don't want to rag on you too much though, it is a good pitch for sure. We haven't seen a class like this before.

At Least it's original, lol. I figured it was OP, but I wasn't sure. I'll remove the teleports to spawn, and add in the end teleport. I'll also try to increase mana and cooldowns on some skills, and maybe remove a few. Any ideas on what skills should stay and what should be removed? I'm not so good at that stuff. Last thing, how's the enderpearl mechanic? I wanted it to be able to use the enderpearls as an immediate escape, to delayed like normal ones. However I still didn't want the pearls to be OP, so I made it so damage cancels, therefore you have be to wise on when to use one. Thanks for the Feedback!
Edit : I'll probably add some skills later to fill in the blanks, Not as many as before however

Last edited: