• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Refine- Enchanting Interface

peeweedog

Iron
The enchanting interface is very weird to use. Some things are restricted and there's no good way to pick what enchants you want on your armor/Weapon. Also, whether or not you get more than one enchant on your weapon/armor seems to depend on luck. Maybe instead of the vanilla Minecraft crafting interface there could just be a list that shows you possible enchants and you can pick which ones you want to apply?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The enchanting interface is very weird to use. Some things are restricted and there's no good way to pick what enchants you want on your armor/Weapon. Also, whether or not you get more than one enchant on your weapon/armor seems to depend on luck. Maybe instead of the vanilla Minecraft crafting interface there could just be a list that shows you possible enchants and you can pick which ones you want to apply?
That would ruin enchanter...... there are already tons of enchanted picks and other things. Allowing picking ones would just kinda ruin the rest of it.

Also, enchanting has always been a bit buggy, what with restrictions and all. The update didn't help at all.

peeweedog

Iron
Its just really random, if you're an enchanter you should be able to enchant the way you want. right? but IDK a new interface might be hard to code. I don't really know anything about coding

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Its just really random, if you're an enchanter you should be able to enchant the way you want. right? but IDK a new interface might be hard to code. I don't really know anything about coding
It's not the coding (Though I don't know the difficulty of it, just that it's doable) but that it would ruin the market for anything enchanted. Also, more of a chance for glitches and getting enchants that aren't allowed normally.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
There is a very simple solution that wouldn't ruin the market.

Atm we rely on vanilla enchanting with some things removed.

Why not make it a spell?

in /gamemode 1 on vanilla creative mode, you can say /enchant # and it does it

you make that the spell and only give certain ones

as for ruining the market, that is where xp comes in, if DS takes 1000xp from me and I lose a whole damn level and can't make any more till I hit 60 again you better believe I'll be charging a lot of money for it.

The more xp you make something take the less people will do it and supply and demand will take care of the prices. All you have to do is apply the change and monitor the market for the avg price of said enchant over time. If it goes up, you made it harder, if it goes down just up the XP cost.

I actually believe currently enchants are too cheap as the market is flooded. Changing away from vanilla enchanting coding gives more control to the mods on the market.

Years ago a e4 unbreaking pick was a very expensive thing, and prices on other goods were higher as a result. We had an economy where everything had a value. Now most common items aren't sold by merchants nor put in the market so they don't really even have a value.