• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduce TransmuteOre cooldown

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
So, currently the cooldown is 2 minutes long. I find that a bit lengthy, the main thing I argue about in this suggestion though is to shorten the cooldown for transmuteore. Maybe to 1 minute 30 seconds or so. I just want to suggest it isnt 2 minutes long.

I looked more into the comparison between alchemist and miner when it comes to gold ingots.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
64 gold ore = 64 gold ingots + bonus ingots ----Takes 16 minutes to smelt

72 iron ore = 4 gold ingots ---- takes 8 minutes to transmute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miners do take longer I guess, the only different is the profit from transmutingore and smeltore.

So in a way there is a line that divides the two in profit in the end.

A different solution could be the ratios for alchemist's transmuteore.

macura

Diamond
That is a very misleading statistical comparison because miners need gold ore for smelting ore. There is a chance to get more so without a % defined that is an invalid arguement. The amount of extra gold ore obtained within a certain amount of time is important (relative to your arguement), not the speed at which the gold is smelted.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
As macura said, you forget that the Reagent for smelt gold is Gold Ore, which is more rare than Iron Ore.

You also seem to be placing SmeltGold on the same level as TransmuteOre in terms of money-making. Alchemists can make potion shops (largely UNTAPPED MARKET *hint hint*), they can use recipes to create new blocks that are worth more and then create shops for those as well, so you need to take into account the entirety of your spec (almost all of Miner's money making is based on SmeltGold/Iron).

If the community agrees alchemist needs more profitability (considering the problems with cauldrons lately perhaps they do), then I suggest:
-Add in a % chance for X gold nuggets to be created in addition to the gold bar when using TransmuteOre (this will give the skill that "bonus" feeling without altering it too much, and give that fun lore sense of the gold being changed in a slightly varying magical/scientific process each time)
OR
-Add in a % chance when brewing to receive double potions. I think we can agree that many players would find a market for potion shops if they were a bit cheaper, and that as long as we are careful not to shower alchemists with double drops, the effect will be we will see more potion shops available at graveyards and along roads.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, after I posted the thread, I edited like 50 times because of when I went further into what people are complaining about. I only compared to miner because that is the closest class that has a skill kind of similar. I didn't really think about how rare the ores are, I probably should have. I just talked to a few miners really as I made the thread updates and most of them have at least a doublechest of goldore from their shops. I see what you guys are talking about. It is easier to point those things out when a new set of eyes(you guys) come in. I agree with what you say since I did not think of it.

As to potion prices Dsawemd, I think that is a good idea except it would be difficult to get into the game. As you can make three potions at once per brewing stand. You don't need three of ingredients to make three potions you just need one.

Example:

1 netherwart w/ 3 waterbottles under = 3 awkward potions

You don't need 3 netherwart which is an efficient way of not running out of ingredients. It is difficult to get some ingredients though such as nether items that are used in some potions.

In conclusion, I agree with what both of you are saying, thanks for pointing those things out.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Example:

1 netherwart w/ 3 waterbottles under = 3 awkward potions

You don't need 3 netherwart which is an efficient way of not running out of ingredients. It is difficult to get some ingredients though such as nether items that are used in some potions.

In conclusion, I agree with what both of you are saying, thanks for pointing those things out.
The thing is - with potions, you don't really need anything from the nether, except the stand, fire resistance and strength. For the potion, just use pretty much any other material.
MinecraftPotionsClean.png

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The thing is - with potions, you don't really need anything from the nether, except the stand, fire resistance and strength and netherwart, of course. For the potion, just use pretty much any other material.
MinecraftPotionsClean.png

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Netherwards can be farmed in the real world, you only need 1 and they are dirt cheap.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Couldn't agree more on reducing the CD of transmute! It would take over 2 hour to get a stack of diamonds!! But I guess that's not to bad..

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Just ask in /ch t, I think they are like 5c per stack?
Prolly a lot less than that, you can grow them in Bastion really easily, and they have a limited use, along with dropping a bunch of them at once. My guess is 1c/stack