• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion reduce creeper damage... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ok, so the creepers doing 1000 damage is a bit too much... that's pretty much saying you have to be a mastered warrior spec if yo want to survive a creeper. I know this is a "hardcore" server, but could you tone down the creeper damage? it's a bit much with the server receiving lag spikes occasionally and many people dont like being killed every 5 minutes while trying to level.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Creeper barely do half my HP if I stand inside them, i'd say they might be a bit too weak (I am a lvl 51 sammy).

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Creeper barely do half my HP if I stand inside them, i'd say they might be a bit too weak (I am a lvl 51 sammy).

Could it be... could it be... that your armour is absorbing the blunt of the damage? Creeper damage is a huge problem for squishy classes, not warrior specs.

At any rate, keep creeper damage the way it is. Creepers should be feared, period.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i can tolerate creeper damage if they werent worth such low xp. as a paladin i let creepers blow up next to me for shits. as a wizard, i hear a hiss and im dead. definitely sort of frustrating that some classes can withstand creepers and others cannot. maybe creepers should do 3000 damage just so everyone has to suffer the same fate as squishies?

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Lets just take all the scary mobs out.

There has to be some danger in Herocraft, nerfing mobs because they kill you is not the way to go. When I was a low level healer, they were my nightmare. Now that I can wear armor, not so much.

Creepers should be terrifying.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I am a level 45 Ninja who only wears Chain Armor as armor, and Creepers barely do like 2 hearts. The only specs I see having problems with them are casters/healers, who should be able to kite them.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I am a level 45 Ninja who only wears Chain Armor as armor, and Creepers barely do like 2 hearts. The only specs I see having problems with them are casters/healers, who should be able to kite them.

Ninjas can wear chain armour? I didn't get that memo

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, no. I was a ninja last week and creepers did a lot more than 2 hearts damage, helmet or not.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Simple solution: Don't hug the creepers, the farther away you are, the less dmg it does.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Simple solution: Don't hug the creepers, the farther away you are, the less dmg it does.
umm no, if you are anywhere near the blast radius, it still does full damage thanks to heroes coding.[DOUBLEPOST=1353276227,1353276138][/DOUBLEPOST]and notice almost everyone not complaining about it are the warriors who CAN survive a creeper...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't really see the problem. Creepers are suppose to be scary. Think of it like this, instead of destroying blocks like they would in normal MC, they just do extra damage.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ok, i read it, it says they do variable damage, but obviously not. I could be fully armored (all leather cept boots) full health (722) and be 6 blocks away from the creeper when it explodes, and yet still get killed. explain that.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
but at 6 blocks away, if creeper's damage was supposed to be variable, then it shouldn't have killed.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
If you want to complain about creeper armour, just wear full gold.
I honestly do not know why you are complaining. This server is suppose to be hardcore. So what if creeper damage is too high, I don't mind it. It gives Herocraft more hardcoreness, rather than, I tank everything cuz damage is too small.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
ok, so the creepers doing 1000 damage is a bit too much... that's pretty much saying you have to be a mastered warrior spec if yo want to survive a creeper. I know this is a "hardcore" server, but could you tone down the creeper damage? it's a bit much with the server receiving lag spikes occasionally and many people dont like being killed every 5 minutes while trying to level.
Since when did creepers do 1000hp?
I've never seen that :eek:

It's always easy to say that all warriors got a huge advantage since they can survive creeper attacks (whit armor).
But have you ever thought of what warrior specs bring whit them in their fight?

I am a paladin, and if I am fully geared I bring around:
17 diamonds (+ eventually extra swords)
9 iron ingots (+extra amor worth of around 28 iron ingots) + (6 iron ingots for an door if wanted/needed)
This is the stuff I need to bring, that classes whit less armor don't need to bring, so I've not counted potions and food and such.

Then look at a wizard for example.
A wizard need to bring redstone and mob drops (don't blame me if there is something more)
Then a hoe, but making a diamond hoe is just wasted, since a wizard mostly don't deal damage that way.

Then look at who survives the creeper attack:
A paladin in full armor eventually whit a door in his hand is not much harmed, but he has a lot less chance of killing the crepper, due to it's low damage.

A wizard got tons of damage, could beat the creeper much more easily than the Paladin.
If he fails and the creeper explode close to him he dies.

Remember that you knew this things when you chose your class.
If it is a big point to you that you don't want to die by mobs often, then don't pick the class whit smallest hp bar...

At least when I chose class the weights of the paladin was:
Need to bring tons of things out in a fight.
Is over 50% support and less than 50% solo class.
Do not die easily by lava, fire, fall damage or mobs.

Do not nerf creepers again, this is already done.
Instead try to consider everything when you are choosing paths/specs.

kamigreed

Stone
Creepers are nothing once you are at higher levels. Currently Im a lv 13 warrior with chain helm and leggings with iron chest and gold boots and Im still instant KO'ed by creepers that i dun watch out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.