• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Re-Re-Add Hoppers

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Hoppers are a strange beast. They are listed in the Engi stills list, labeled as restricted to engi, and yet are disabled.
Why? Apparently there's thievery if placed next to a locked chest.
Yet, locally, I never found that to succeed. Ever.

In any case, I still think we should have them back. Even if you are so untrusting of other plugins to manually code it to disallow placing under chests (place above chest after, you KNOW what you're getting into...)

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I suggested they get re added. I think it was chest shops that were targeted. My idea was to code chest shops to give an on signal because hoppers won't work if they have an active on signal next to it.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I suggested they get re added. I think it was chest shops that were targeted. My idea was to code chest shops to give an on signal because hoppers won't work if they have an active on signal next to it.
Chestshop was the supposed case. I tried, it does protect against placing a hopper around one.
LWC prevents item transfer, though IIRC placing is possible.

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd definitly love to see hoppers on HC.

Having hoppers would really give the engineer's marketability a good boost!

On another note, if it's still impossible to have them because of their thievery, have you guys tried with the Craftbook chest collector IC?

Thanks. Babibab

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hoppers are a strange beast. They are listed in the Engi stills list, labeled as restricted to engi, and yet are disabled.
Why? Apparently there's thievery if placed next to a locked chest.
Yet, locally, I never found that to succeed. Ever.

In any case, I still think we should have them back. Even if you are so untrusting of other plugins to manually code it to disallow placing under chests (place above chest after, you KNOW what you're getting into...)
They need to be tested with chestshops. I'm fine with re-adding.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Any possible E.T.A on this? Some of us are really itching for them hoppies!

Cheers for HC
ChestShop had some issues that could have proven problematic, new update though. Hopefully, will go "onto the next step".
(There's never ETAs for anything as far as my book is concerned.)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
This would be delightful. Hoppers *and* Anvils would really give Engineers and Smiths what they deserve. One thing at a time though. :) Glad that hoppers are being looked at again.

Though, as an owner of a hundred chest shops or so, I would definitely want my shops to be protected, so by all means, test away! ;)

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This would be delightful. Hoppers *and* Anvils would really give Engineers and Smiths what they deserve. One thing at a time though. :) Glad that hoppers are being looked at again.

Though, as an owner of a hundred chest shops or so, I would definitely want my shops to be protected, so by all means, test away! ;)

-yav
we're doing Hoppers - no luck on anvils atm.

The final test for hoppers is in Test at the moment - feel free to try and break them.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I can use hoppers to place items within my own chest shops, but I will need someone else to place a chest shop or three to identify whether there are issues with the use of hoppers regarding a chest shop someone else owns. Please let me know when this would be possible (when someone else has placed chest shops in an area in which I have permission to break blocks).

Thanks,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can use hoppers to place items within my own chest shops, but I will need someone else to place a chest shop or three to identify whether there are issues with the use of hoppers regarding a chest shop someone else owns. Please let me know when this would be possible (when someone else has placed chest shops in an area in which I have permission to break blocks).

Thanks,

-yav
@0xNaomi may be able to help test more.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff

Thanks,

-yav
There is no "ownership" of hoppers.
Hoppers can put items into chestshops, just not take out.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
There is no "ownership" of hoppers.
Hoppers can put items into chestshops, just not take out.

But can they put into other people's chest shops? That is what I was trying to test. I was unable to place a hopper above/below/beside a LWC chest, but could do so adjacent to a LWC chest (to no avail regarding the extraction of the items), which made it so I could not put items within the LWC chest... if we can put items within someone else's chest shop, then perhaps we can make them so that hoppers cannot be placed in a 1-block radius of a chest shop, similar to LWC. We really don't need the ability to use hoppers to place items a chest shop if it means that we can use hoppers at large. :)

-yav

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
But can they put into other people's chest shops? That is what I was trying to test. I was unable to place a hopper above/below/beside a LWC chest, but could do so adjacent to a LWC chest (to no avail regarding the extraction of the items), which made it so I could not put items within the LWC chest... if we can put items within someone else's chest shop, then perhaps we can make them so that hoppers cannot be placed in a 1-block radius of a chest shop, similar to LWC. We really don't need the ability to use hoppers to place items a chest shop if it means that we can use hoppers at large. :)

-yav
Here's the thing, any hopper can put into any chestshop.
However, unless you own it, you cannot place hopper adjacent at all.
(And even if you do own it, placing one below is pointless)

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
This is awesome! I have been waiting for Hoppers to get fixed for SoOoOoOoOoOo long! Yay!