• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Re-add samurai class, I made some abilities too.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Samurai, master of the sword.

Skills:
LVL01: Bash
LVL01: Sword Master: Take less damage from melee weapons (swords,axes etc)
LVL05: Disarm
LVL15: Disgrace, apply a DOT that penetrates armor.
LVL22: Cleave, AOE dmg skill.
LVL30: Windwalk: (When out of combat, you get speed2. Can activate/deactive)
LVL40: Bushido: When activated, your stamina regens much faster. Additionally: Your attacks give enemies stamina, but destroy mana. When you attack someone you destroy your own mana too.
LVL45: Dash: You jump through your target, cutting them in half with your blade. (Jumps to your target, and deals some damage).
LVL55: Impermanence: Break free of any CC.
LVL60: Honor: Your honor won't allow you to die, you can't die for 4 seconds.
LVL65: Duel: You target an enemy, you and your enemy are now in a duel. You can only attack your target, but you can't be attacked by anyone but your target. This skill also makes all healing 65% less effective on you and your target.

Well the skills are not perfect, just give me some suggestions. I would really like the Samurai class to be brought back.
Everything is up for debate of course. Just talk about the samurai class!

@w0nd3rb0y
SAMURAIS UNITE!

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds interesting,
Couple suggestions, YinYang in name would imply one skill balancing the other +Stamina-Speed +Stamina-Health... They are supposed to be two forces balancing eachother ;)

The duel skill sounds pretty cool, but it would pretty much be lockdown sammy kill squads :D
Three sammies run into a group of three enemies all dueling the same guy, 3v1. Duel ends and now it's 3v2 :eek:

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Sounds interesting,
Couple suggestions, YinYang in name would imply one skill balancing the other +Stamina-Speed +Stamina-Health... They are supposed to be two forces balancing eachother ;)

The duel skill sounds pretty cool, but it would pretty much be lockdown sammy kill squads :D
Three sammies run into a group of three enemies all dueling the same guy, 3v1. Duel ends and now it's 3v2 :eek:

Hmm I guess, my inspiration was Poppy from leagueoflegends. I still think it is a pretty cool idea, but maybe not.

Hmm maybe make it so that YinYang is +Stamina-Mana.
So if you hit someone you give him stamina, but take their mana. You also take Mana dmg when you attack people yourself.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I still want to see speed 3
Me too... but don't think it'll happen. I rather have perm Speed 2 when traveling, and just drink a pot for PVP.
Speed 2 from windwalk, just for a few sec is not all that amazing. Speed Pots beat wind walk previus map at the end.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Not being able to die should be a skill unique to one class. Right now it is Berserker, and in my opinion it fits better on Berserker than on Samurai.

Dash pretty much seems like Dragondash or Flyingkick. How about... and I can't think of another skill atm

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm I guess, my inspiration was Poppy from leagueoflegends. I still think it is a pretty cool idea, but maybe not.

Hmm maybe make it so that YinYang is +Stamina-Mana.
So if you hit someone you give him stamina, but take their mana. You also take Mana dmg when you attack people yourself.

Either that or maybe just change the name to match the double positive :D

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Biggest thing I can't agree with is Yin Yang. Samurai are Japanese, not Chinese :p

Though I like the direction, a few of these skills were things I wish we had back in Zeal. Such as Duel. Dash would be nice as well. I've always seen Samurai as the mobile land bruiser (Not to be confused with the sky-mobile off tank, Dragoon). Could maybe also remove Honor (As good a skill name as it is :( ) for Bladegrasp since Berserker thinks he's cool.

With that being said, I'm more interested in seeing what Kain does with the spiritual aspect. I think he wanted to base them off Final Fantasy tactics or take a few ideas from it. Could be good to give them some sort of back story since they sorta up and disappeared for a whole map. We'll see though, Kain is a mysterious mistress.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Biggest thing I can't agree with is Yin Yang. Samurai are Japanese, not Chinese :p

Though I like the direction, a few of these skills were things I wish we had back in Zeal. Such as Duel. Dash would be nice as well. I've always seen Samurai as the mobile land bruiser (Not to be confused with the sky-mobile off tank, Dragoon). Could maybe also remove Honor (As good a skill name as it is :( ) for Bladegrasp since Berserker thinks he's cool.

With that being said, I'm more interested in seeing what Kain does with the spiritual aspect. I think he wanted to base them off Final Fantasy tactics or take a few ideas from it. Could be good to give them some sort of back story since they sorta up and disappeared for a whole map. We'll see though, Kain is a mysterious mistress.

I'm not a genius with names, gimme some good skill names xD.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm not a genius with names, gimme some good skill names xD.
Ying Yang --> Bushido

Bushido can roughly be translated to "The way of the warrior" and comes from the strict moral training Samurais went through in Japan.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Ying Yang --> Bushido

Bushido can roughly be translated to "The way of the warrior" and comes from the strict moral training Samurais went through in Japan.

kk I'll do that. Any input on what the skill should do?

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Yeah this has been talked about since the beginning of haven map doubt it'll come back.

You can't forget about blade grasp and mortal wound on this suggestion

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah this has been talked about since the beginning of haven map doubt it'll come back.

You can't forget about blade grasp and mortal wound on this suggestion

People complained about MW, so I added it into the Duel skill.
Berserker has Bladegrasp and Honor(undyingwill), so I wasn't sure if both of em for samurai too was realistic, and I find Honor fitting better with Samurai and their code etc.

Also for Dash, maybe have it be a TP to someone instead of a jump?