• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ratings & arena/skirmishes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm going to be making changes to how you use arenas, but I wanted to post it here first.

The issue, people arent using the rated arenas much. My thoughts are to reduce the cost or make all arenas (including skirmishes) rated.

Thoughts?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Hrmmm. Not much of a PvPer myself, but wouldn't it help if you got some sort of reward? I don't really know what you could throw in there, maybe have it be a random item from a pool, so it's also luck dependent? Just a quick made-up thought. I'll reply if I figure something else out.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I think people are skirmishing for fun and practice rather than winning. 10c isn't a lot to me and to many others but to some it's all they have and I'm pretty sure they aren't planning on losing it in a fight for fun. I think that skirmish should become free rated pvp and that arena be split into 3 categories.

Ante up- 2c to join, 10c if you win
Weekend Gambler- 5c to join, 25c if you win
High Roller- 10c to join, 100c if you win

The commands could be /arena join AU, /arena join WG, /arena join HR.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
All rated, if you want to pvp for free, it should be tracked.

Also, please implement rated arena titles regardless. Would <3 forever.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I think arena should set up some kind of reward that people in minecraft can extremely difficult to get or impossible to get.
You can make these as a badge and when u win a certain amount of these u can change for certain kind of armor, weapons, titles or money.
Or u can make some kind of points system, and when u wins arena battle, u get certain amount of points and those point can be used to buy things that is difficult to get and armor.
I think it is possible to do something like that, right?

And skirmish should also be free at some point, but as someone above said u could set up different kind of skirmish for different people to join.[DOUBLEPOST=1357088034,1357027541][/DOUBLEPOST]Kainzo will you implement something Like this?please?

For practice and for little money too
like free skirmish
if tour team wins your team get one coins
this can really help poor people and those are rich will enter those more expensive arenas for more money
this could be abuse though but I don't think it will.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I'm going to be making changes to how you use arenas, but I wanted to post it here first.

The issue, people arent using the rated arenas much. My thoughts are to reduce the cost or make all arenas (including skirmishes) rated.

Thoughts?
Kainzo can you please add some feed backs to us
Because I think this ideas should be some how implement in herocraft to stay the server alive and attract more people to it

F

Falker57

I like Skirmish to practice. It is very Comparable to LoL with Ranked and Normal. If LoL only had 130 players online at a time they would have much much less people playing ranked. I think adding titles and just more reasons for people to boast about skills(elo, perhaps top people being showed on the forums, money, rewards that you get for reaching a certain elo, think endstone like in MA but not endstone lol)