• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Skill: Death from Above.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Well most of the ranger skills like forage and farsight are just downright useless!

I think you should a skill named Death From Above! Well when rangers face mobility classes it struggles when your health is slow because grappling hook isn't all that well a mobility compared to most of the others even with 40 agi.

Skill: Death from Above will give the player jump boost "Cant go backwards like backflip or forward like dragoons ninja* for 5 seconds or until you shoot your arrows. There will be 10 aimed shot arrows dealing 50 piercing armor dmg. Like aimedshot the arrows will always hit . If there is two or more enemy's the arrow will divide equally to hit both.

So it isn't op their will be a 5 second warm up, a 60 second cooldown and will grant the player a 2 second slowness effect after using the skill.

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
That is somewhat an OP skill if I'm understanding this right. 10 aimed shot arrows dealing 50 piercing damage would result in 500 damage.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Well most of the ranger skills like forage and farsight are just downright useless!

I think you should a skill named Death From Above! Well when rangers face mobility classes it struggles when your health is slow because grappling hook isn't all that well a mobility compared to most of the others even with 40 agi.

Skill: Death from Above will give the player jump boost "Cant go backwards like backflip or forward like dragoons ninja* for 5 seconds or until you shoot your arrows. There will be 10 aimed shot arrows dealing 50 piercing armor dmg. Like aimedshot the arrows will always hit . If there is two or more enemy's the arrow will divide equally to hit both.

So it isn't op their will be a 5 second warm up, a 60 second cooldown and will grant the player a 2 second slowness effect after using the skill.
Ranger is a class that has several non-damaging skills.... Even forage and farsight are not useless. Farsight CAN be imitated by anyone with Optifine though.

Rangers only struggle with mobility while they are shooting, most ranger builds easily have 110% movement speed, and a 40 agility build is around 117% I believe. The class has other mechanics (slows, knockback, grapple) to keep targets from getting out of range while still keeping up their DPS from basic shots.

This skill is a 500 total damage (split among targets), armor piercing mouseover skill with a 5 second warm-up. This skill does not fill any needed role for Ranger, or it overlaps with other skills.

What is the idea behind this suggestion? Please justify your suggestion by explaining the intended effects of this change.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
You are doing it wrong if you are having issues pvp'ing. The ranger I PvP with rapes people frequently. Is also a master with his grappling hook.