• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger and prot IV change

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We should consider lowering the damage on Ranger's basic arrows and increasing the scaling of INT for Envenom.

Full change:
  • Ranger base arrow damage lowered, this will help with the incredibly strong damage against targets wearing 1-2 pieces of armor. I admit I do not understand the way that the range of damage is calculated for each arrow depending on bow draw, so I need help suggesting number changes (see Envenom numbers to get an idea for how much the basic DPS should be lowered).
  • Ranger Envenom scaling increased to make INT more capable of dealing with armored targets (.33 instead of .25 per INT?)
  • Ranger Envenom now only applies to Bows not melee. This is possibly not needed but we would have to keep an eye on melee ranger builds.
  • Ranger Envenom is called Poison Arrow to prevent people from confusing it with the generic Rogue Envenom. Ranger loses generic rogue Envenom.
  • ExplosiveShot INT scaling reduced slightly to factor in the increased incentive to build INT.

Ever since equipment weight came out the disparity in strength between a Ranger and a naked target has been higher, too high IMO. With the loss of prot IV, Ranger just got a tiny increase in top-tier DPS, so these changes would on the whole be a decrease in non-"Envenom" DPS, while offering a slight increase in the capacity to build a tank buster Ranger.

Are there any other classes that will be effectively buffed by the loss of Prot IV and need adjusting? Does Ranger need adjusting, or do we like Ranger's "highest" win rate against low armored targets and "lowest" win rate against armored targets?

Disclaimer: Dsaw just went Ranger and intends to stay Ranger for a while. I say that for full disclosure, and not because I am working from bias.

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]
Tagging you all because the Balance forum has been slow and you might miss it otherwise.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
We should consider lowering the damage on Ranger's basic arrows and increasing the scaling of INT for Envenom.

Full change:
  • Ranger Envenom is called Poison Arrow to prevent people from confusing it with the generic Rogue Envenom. Ranger loses generic rogue Envenom.
Tagging you all because the Balance forum has been slow and you might miss it otherwise.

Make sure you factor in the effects of this on a Rangers Melee, which is reasonably strong as is and will be weakened by 25% with this change.

EDIT: The numbers must be off as well as I am doing +13 damage from Envenom with 20ish int

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Make sure you factor in the effects of this on a Rangers Melee, which is reasonably strong as is and will be weakened by 25% with this change.

EDIT: The numbers must be off as well as I am doing +13 damage from Envenom with 20ish int
I agree melee builds need addressing if this is implemented, double check the original post, third bullet point.

Envenom deals 8 + (0.25 per INT) on live, I didn't include the base of 8 when I discussed changing the scaling but of course we could alter that as well if a Ranger-unique Envenom were to be implemented.