• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rampant Cheating?

GreyBeryl

Wood
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the server and I come with two of my older kids that also love to play. My daughter was telling me the other day that another player admitted that he was running several cheats that allow him to see through blocks to find chests and spawners. He proceeded to prove this to her by nabbing a number of excellent items from nearby chests and giving them to her. She is twelve and new to online gaming so I explained to her what she needs to do the next time she has media time. I assure you she will be filing a report. However, I am wondering if this is rampant. I have played on other servers where coding has been put in place to all but eliminate the use of cheats. Is anything in place here?

I am intrigued by this server and would like to stick around and ultimately contribute as I do for all servers I play on. I can't see doing that, though, if hiding and 'protecting' your loot really does nothing for you. Or if diamond and emerald blocks are even rarer for legit players because the hackers scoot around the world and gather then by the pack full. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.

Beryl

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the server and I come with two of my older kids that also love to play. My daughter was telling me the other day that another player admitted that he was running several cheats that allow him to see through blocks to find chests and spawners. He proceeded to prove this to her by nabbing a number of excellent items from nearby chests and giving them to her. She is twelve and new to online gaming so I explained to her what she needs to do the next time she has media time. I assure you she will be filing a report. However, I am wondering if this is rampant. I have played on other servers where coding has been put in place to all but eliminate the use of cheats. Is anything in place here?

I am intrigued by this server and would like to stick around and ultimately contribute as I do for all servers I play on. I can't see doing that, though, if hiding and 'protecting' your loot really does nothing for you. Or if diamond and emerald blocks are even rarer for legit players because the hackers scoot around the world and gather then by the pack full. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.

Beryl
Please use hc.to/exploits to report players who you assume are cheating and we will investigate it.

We highly suggest you lock your chests with /lock - this ensures that no one can get into it. "Hiding" chests to most players means hiding it one block below the floor, which is easily found without hacks.

We use several methods of anti-cheat on this server. We won't go into the specifics about them at this time.

Last edited:

GreyBeryl

Wood
Please use hc.to/exploits to report players who you assume are cheating and we will investigate it.

We highly suggest you lock your chests with /lock - this ensures that no one can get into it. "Hiding" chests to most players means hiding it one block below the floor, which is easily found without hacks.

We use several methods of anti-cheat on this server. We won't go into the specifics about them at this time.

Thank you for the reply. It seems that there is a sizable rent (lwc cost) and the number of protected chests are limited unless you contribute. I have no issue with my unprotected chests being legitimately looted. That is a fun aspect of the game. But I don't see how LWC is the answer against hackers. If I hide my chests 40 blocks underground where it would be very difficult to stumble upon, it sounds as if I am very vulnerable unless I contribute. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Though I understand that you don't want to provide info on countermeasures in place, is there a place that we can see that these measures have worked? Lists of banned IDs?

Beryl

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Thank you for the reply. It seems that there is a sizable rent (lwc cost) and the number of protected chests are limited unless you contribute. I have no issue with my unprotected chests being legitimately looted. That is a fun aspect of the game. But I don't see how LWC is the answer against hackers. If I hide my chests 40 blocks underground where it would be very difficult to stumble upon, it sounds as if I am very vulnerable unless I contribute. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Though I understand that you don't want to provide info on countermeasures in place, is there a place that we can see that these measures have worked? Lists of banned IDs?

Beryl
We do have a anti x-ray on the server, it works really well. But if say you had a chest only x-ray, then that would be able to see chest pretty much anywhere. Other than pay for a lwc, You can also join a town for a protected house, and much more protected chest.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Beryl

While I can appreciate the concern for your game play and experience here, we do not discuss bans. I assure you we take hacking very seriously and punish those who use them. If you feel someone is hacking, report it the way Kainzo has asked and I will look into it. Don't let the actions of the very few sway your opinion for the server. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me privately here on the forums or in game.

Welcome to the server and I hope you enjoy your time here!

GreyBeryl

Wood
While I can appreciate the concern for your game play and experience here, we do not discuss bans. I assure you we take hacking very seriously and punish those who use them. If you feel someone is hacking, report it the way Kainzo has asked and I will look into it. Don't let the actions of the very few sway your opinion for the server. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me privately here on the forums or in game.

Welcome to the server and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. Unfortunately I recently had surgery and won't be gaming for a bit, but I look forward to returning and contributing to the great environment here.

Beryl

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. Unfortunately I recently had surgery and won't be gaming for a bit, but I look forward to returning and contributing to the great environment here.

Beryl
You seem nice, and experienced. I look towards it, as well.