• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Quest System For the Future

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Every RPG needs a good quest line, there is no doubt about that. The daily quests that Bastion started with were fun, but lacked any sort of depth and was extremely buggy.
These suggestions are for how quests should be.

The general idea is to create more of a story, for a true RPG experience. Using this system will also help spread people across the map, and have them go to areas they would not normally travel to. This can help PvP by giving players an area to hunt, and help the economy since players can create shops around the village.

Quest Hubs

All natural villages will be regioned and given a name to act as a Quest Hub. The village names should be town names from the previous map (Malkier, Paragon, Mineris, Newerth, etc.). This will also require some lore from these towns

Inside the region, villagers will run free with little risk of being killed by players due to sentries. If a player was to attack any villager inside the region, sentries will attack the player until they loose sight, or the player is dead. If a player was to successfully kill a villager or sentry, negative karma would be given, as well as some loot.

Each village will have a speciality item which it buys and sells through chestshops. There must be a limit to how much you can sell to it per day, or the chest must fill up, and the contents will decrease over time. The server economy is failing, and I believe having SOME server shops will help.

Inside the village you will find quest giving NPCs. There should be a few different quest lines, and one or two daily quests given at each village. Quest examples can be found below.

Instances
In some towns you can find a portal. This portal will take you (and your party if you have one) to another world which is only accessible while you have a certain quest active. While in this zone, build rights and exp gains will be disabled (or at least reduced) to prevent farming. Similar to Mob Arenas, your inventory should be saved while entering, and replaced once you exit, again to prevent people farming mats.

Quests inside these zones could be as simple as kill X of Y mob, kill this boss, or activate this lever in this castle while fighting these waves of mobs.

Quest givers should also gave quests related to the future dungeons, which I do not know a lot about.

Quest Examples
** This lore is just an example**

**Main Quest Line**
**An Opportunity**
(Inside spawn somewhere)
--Guard Raphael--

"Hey there Jonsoon, my name is Raphael. I have an important message to deliver to my family in the Village of Braavos, but I am unable to leave my work is keeping me in the capital. Would you deliver it for me?"
>> Yes
"Thank you so much! Here is the letter. You can find the Village of Braavos to the south east of here."
(Take the letter to Petunia in the Village of Braavos)
>> No
"Thanks anyway. If you change your mind, speak to me again. You will be rewarded for your time"

**Main Quest Line**
**An Opportunity**
(Village of Braavos)
--Petunia--

"You're not from around here are you?"
>> I have a letter for you
"From whom?! Oh.. I see.. This is from my husband, Raphael.
He was doing some temporary masonry work in the Capital and says he found a job! Oh happy day! Maybe we can finally buy some antidote and get out of this town! Here, take this for your trouble."
*Gained 10c*
*Gained 50 exp*
>> What is this place?
"This is what is left of the City of Braavos. Disease has riddled our town since the Bastion era. We were quarantined here, while the rest of the city looked for new life. Hopefully we will be able to join them one day."

**Main Quest Line**
**Feed the People**
!!Repeatable!!
(Village of Braavos)
--Petunia--

"Yes?"
>> Can I help with anything?
"Now that you mention it, we are running low on food. Its hard to come by these days since we are not allowed to leave the town."
>> Sure thing!
(Gather 32 bread, 16 apples, 16 cooked chicken, 1 pumpkin pie and 1 cake and return to Petunia)
>> I'm busy.
>> Tell me more about this disease.
"Near the end of the Bastion era, a wicked Necromancer by the name of Nadir came through a Hell Gate to our world. He went from town to town looking for followers for his legion of death that would help him rule the continent.
Soon Lord Kainzo called in the banners to defend Bastion Keep. After months of fighting, Nadir was pushed out of our world, but not before casting an eternal plague over the land.
Some say Nadir is still out there somewhere. Waiting until he is strong enough to return from the shadows."

**Main Quest Line**
**Feed the People**
(Village of Braavos)
--Petunia--

"Yes?"
>> Here's the food for you!
"Thank you so much! We need to stay strong otherwise the plague will finish us!"
"I'm sure the other towns people could use some help as well"
*Gained 10c*
*Gained 50 exp*

I think you get the point..
All of these suggestions are easily done with Citizens, Sentry for Citizens and Denizen.

These are just brief ideas that have been floating in my head for a while.

Please reply with any feedback or to build off of this idea.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The instance idea plays nicely into the dungeons (Danda !). I'm not sure if that was originally intended or not, but it would work nicely in that scenario.

Otherwise, this is overall a cool idea.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
I might suggest these towns either have villagers automatically respawn every day or that they are invulnerable. People will be quick to kill them even with sentries just to make sure no one else can use them.

If you haven't seen the Millenaire mod, the quests on that are pretty simple for the most part and are probably easy to code.