• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer Great Combustion rework

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Skill: Great Combustion

Stats: You unleash a furious inferno of flame in front of you, striking up to 4 blocks away. An enemy within 3 blocks of the explosion will be dealt (125 + 1.875 per intellect point) damage and will be stunned for (1.5 + 0.05 per charisma point) seconds. Takes 1 second to warm up.

Now we all know it is very hard to land this skill. So I feel this skill needs to be changed.
-Lower the dmg to 70+1.5 intellect point dmg.
-Stun could be lowered slightly.
-But mainly make the skill land able like either headbutt or divinestun.

Pyro's @Ahrall @kenster1092

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
yes

Its not aoe though???

if you are within 3 blocks of the target and your not looking at them it doesnt work...

Last edited by a moderator:

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
... Actually... try to land the stun with the guy rushing at your face to dodge or getting back quickly. Mana wasted and gunpowder also. Ya... no

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
In my two times on test server playing as pyro, GreatCombustion wasn't really that hard to land. If you really want to make it easier to land though, I'd lower the stun time and the warmup time.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
When I was Pyro for a day on test I had no trouble landing Great Combustion. It is more easy to land than Chaos Orb imo. @BaBomba can also give his input because he has put some time into Pyro

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
If we are going to make the skill more user friendly, just give it the same aoe pattern as dragon's breath. Or remove the slow effect from the warm up (again, like dragon's breath)
The problem with great combustion is using it against any class with reliable mobility/kiting. Against other melee classes it's fine but try to use it on a class like wizard (when it would be most useful) and you will struggle

Edit: to clarify, I do not believe that changing great combustion is what pyro truly needs "looks at chaos orb"

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Great Combustion is a very powerful ability. It's an "AoE single target" ability because you are a high damage class that has a freaking stun. If this ability was a guaranteed hit, it would have to be nerfed or removed.

Adding easy / reliable stuns to almost any class is going to end up getting that class nerfed. (*Cough* Ninja, Beguiler, Paladin) If you practice enough, the skill is not hard to land. I played Pyro extensively during Haven and I almost never missed. But I wasn't ever trying to use it on someone that was running away. (And you shouldn't)

It's not a chase skill. It's a skill designed for initiation, or mid-fight control. If you waste it, it's wasted. And that's the way it should be. This is the skill that will determine your victory in a tight situation, and there is no reason to give that victory for you for free. If you are unwilling to put any effort into learning how to fight with your class, then what's the point in even playing?

Last edited:

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I know it might be a skill for initialisation and all but... the problem is more like if the guy jumps and gets right at your face when you cast, like 1 block difference to dodge. I had that happen a couple of times.

I just wish the move itself would have maybe 1 block in front of the user that is melee range that would actually make the attack hit.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I have an easier time landing this skill than CombustBlood. I do not think it should be changed.