• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyro Thing I just randomly thought up

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I was thinking, It'd be cool if Pyro had a bolt skill kind of thing (Maybe this could replace darkbolt - but still stay named DarkBolt) where you use the bolt skill, then it warms up and when the lightning bolt hit's the target it makes the dark growling sound effect, like the one from when you imbue a rune on your blade as runeblade, and a bunch of dark black and purple firework's fly off when the bolt hits the player.

I dunno just sounded like a decent pretty cool looking idea.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I was thinking, It'd be cool if Pyro had a bolt skill kind of thing (Maybe this could replace darkbolt - but still stay named DarkBolt) where you use the bolt skill, then it warms up and when the lightning bolt hit's the target it makes the dark growling sound effect, like the one from when you imbue a rune on your blade as runeblade, and a bunch of dark black and purple firework's fly off when the bolt hits the player.

So Basically you are just asking for pyromancer to get bolt... Pyro already does a shit ton of damage in a short amount of time.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
So Basically you are just asking for pyromancer to get bolt... Pyro already does a shit ton of damage in a short amount of time.
To be honest I don't even play pyro, nor did I know it ton's of damage. I just thought this would look awesome.

It's not like classes can't be tweaked to fit things.

G

GangstaKl3n

Nah dude, the only reason they got rid of HolyStrike on Paladin in the first place was of the animation so im not sure why they would make pyro so op as to give it a skill with lightning aren't I right?
#lightningtoop

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
It WOULD be cool if DB upon landing called a lightning bolt effect on the place it hit, instead of the Dark Purple Skull Firework. Other classes have similar effects already, but a wither skull that calls down a lightning strike would be more unique (skill remains the same, applies wither), and would be more like a DarkBolt than the current implementation.

+1 for replacing the Firework effect on-hit of DarkBolt to a Lightning effect.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Are you implying Darkbolt is not cool, because when I first made that effect I had a nerdgasm.

As far as the sounds used for Runestones / Runeblade, I had kind of intended them to only be used for "rune" based skills, though I can't say I have a reason for it. They definitely sound a bit creepy, so I could see them working on Pyro, but iunno, I'd 'personally' not like to see them anywhere else.

EDIT:
Oh yea, and a lightning bolt seems kind of off for Pyro. I mean, if we could turn the lightning black, I could see it working, but a normal lightning bolt with a black firework after just wouldnt sit too well with me.

Last edited:

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Are you implying Darkbolt is not cool, because when I first made that effect I had a nerdgasm.

As far as the sounds used for Runestones / Runeblade, I had kind of intended them to only be used for "rune" based skills, though I can't say I have a reason for it. They definitely sound a bit creepy, so I could see them working on Pyro, but iunno, I'd 'personally' not like to see them anywhere else.
Delf that is EXACTLY what I am implying. <3 jk

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Shooting a whither skill that explodes into a giant purple/black creeper face is pretty damn awesome if you ask me.
Pyro already has some of the flashiest skills in the game so if you really want to make the class even more visually distracting.....