• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion pyro suggestions

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
1. chaotic strength, i feel that its cost outweighs its rewards.90 mana and 25 int for 15 str that offers less than envenom.

I suggest making this a skill similar to blood union where you gain melee damage buff based off the fire damage you deal to your enemy. Example, dragonsbreath adds 2% melee damage buff for each target hit, chaos orb adds 10% doomwave 20% and greatcombustion 10% have it cap at 100% (numbers obviously changable, even make these add strength instead.) The idea is that pyros get invigorated by watching things burn.

2.backdraft, your fire skills force your targets to be pulled toward you by 1 or 2 blocks. This will help with chasing. Remove maim if need be.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah...Chaotic Strength is a weird skill. Pyro had a ruff rework (As in it kinda wasn't finished.) It' still certainly viable so it's lower priority.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Chaotic Strength was an experiment from the early development stages of attributes. I can definitely agree it is lackluster and not very useful. However, I would argue that Pyromancer is plenty strong without it. Making ChaoticStrength useful would require us to nerf their other abilities in order to maintain their balance, which I don't really feel like doing.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Yea, i understand. These are the 2 concerns i have. As a whole i love the class. Perhaps make the skills less resource demanding or have a way to regain them easier (mana regen buff). So i guess 3 concerns... mobility, usefulness of chaotic strength, and resource issues. That said i know its not a priority, but when it gets around to being looked at these are the things i would like to see adressed.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Chaotic Strength was an experiment from the early development stages of attributes. I can definitely agree it is lackluster and not very useful. However, I would argue that Pyromancer is plenty strong without it. Making ChaoticStrength useful would require us to nerf their other abilities in order to maintain their balance, which I don't really feel like doing.
Yea, maybe just scrap it then. The issue with holding on to skills like that will cause people new to the class to waste resources on a skill that gives less than it takes. It looks strong on paper if you are unsure with what each stat gives you. Maybe replace it with a mobility skill.