• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[PvP] Arrowturret

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Arrowturret - Shoots arrows at non-members. Deals 30% damage per arrow hit. Range of 18 blocks. Upgrades to have +4/+8 range, +3%/+6% damage, and less ammo usage. Rate of fire is one arrow per 2 seconds

Type: Structure, Size: 4x4

Research Cost: $500, Build Cost: $250

Requires: 5 (fence or nether fence), 1 dispenser, 4 redstone

Protections: none

Notes: Uses arrows as ammo that need to be refilled. Can only be built in towns and outposts and is very limited in number that can be built.

Last edited:

Ruger392

Obsidian
Ok damage should start at 125, considering it get sto be upgraded, rate of fire should be 5 seconds and when upgraded can shoot up to 2 seconds. (If your changes are the final changes, the ArrowTurret might be to powerful and should be harder to acheive!)

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
These turrets are supposed to function like turrets in DotA. They should be avoided unless you can disable or destroy them. A town will usually only have 1 or 2 of them. Temporary turrets on the other hand should probably get a damage reduction. Also, rate of fire changes are hard to program.

Would you still say damage needs to be changed to 125? @Balance Team

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Ok to start I'm assuming the damage is physical, so classes with more armor will negate more damage.
Since people typically have ~1000 hp per class, this would pretty much ruin your chances in any fight in the area. I have never played dota, but I'm assuming they are similar to league turrets. This is a good idea, but shouldn't influence the fight so heavily that you can't even go in the area without many peoples/healers. I think that the turret should make a medium difference in a fight, but not enough to act as a couple people's worth of damage. I would reduce the damage even more than 125 if the fire rate is 1 per 2 seconds and a range of 24 blocks.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
In League, it is a very bad idea to attack someone under a turret. It can be done but only if done quickly and if you outnumber your enemy substantially. The range should probably be decreased, but I'm still not convinced the damage should go down. If your hp is 1000 and you aren't wearing armor it takes the turret 10 seconds to kill you. That is plenty of time for 3 people to kill a person and get out. It is also plenty of time to run up to the turret and take all of the ammo out of the chest (you can't place blocks on top of the chest where it shoots). If you can't do that then you can still probably get to cover and wait as the turret shoots at the wall you are hiding behind until it runs out of ammo.

I would argue the damage should be higher and the range should be less. Range 15, Damage 240 before upgrades. If you guys disagree still, then I will lower the damage.

Ruger392

Obsidian
In League, it is a very bad idea to attack someone under a turret. It can be done but only if done quickly and if you outnumber your enemy substantially. The range should probably be decreased, but I'm still not convinced the damage should go down. If your hp is 1000 and you aren't wearing armor it takes the turret 10 seconds to kill you. That is plenty of time for 3 people to kill a person and get out. It is also plenty of time to run up to the turret and take all of the ammo out of the chest (you can't place blocks on top of the chest where it shoots). If you can't do that then you can still probably get to cover and wait as the turret shoots at the wall you are hiding behind until it runs out of ammo.

I would argue the damage should be higher and the range should be less. Range 15, Damage 240 before upgrades. If you guys disagree still, then I will lower the damage.
The dmg being higher and range being less (vice versa) we will have to see how it players out in game to really decide

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks! Yes we will be putting this on test (hopefully soon). Currently a max range of 23 will cover most of a Tribe/Outpost and a good portion on a Village. There will be blind spots with buildings too though. Maybe the range should be dropped a little more.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Arrowturrets are on the test server and seem to be working as intended. To create one, you need to make a townhall and then a tribe. Use the following commands:
/to list
/to info <name>
/to create <name>

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have not gotten on to test this yet, but are the arrows auto-hits or are they fired at a target who can then dodge?

If they are autohit then they will have to be balanced around that, but if they are more like a skeletons arrow, aimed but can still miss then, that's a major detractor from their power allowing having higher damage and rate of fire.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I tested it and it's not very effective. I literally stood still in front of it and it missed 8 shots in a row lol. I'm pretty sure @Multitallented is changed something so it hits more accurately.

One other thing I noticed was that the arrows did 200 armor piercing damage. I think since it's a pretty good amount it shouldn't be armor piercing.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Actually, I just got a fix in so that it stops targeting the ground in front of your feet. Now it targets your head. Hopefully that will be more accurate. Also, I sped up the projectile speed a little.

As for damage, Kainzo asked me to change it to armor penetrating percentile damage. The damage scale should now be 30% which can be upgraded to 33.3% and again to 35%.

Range was increased to 18 which can be upgraded to 24 and again to 28. This is because only one turret can be used to defend a whole 79x79 hamlet. I want the turret to be kind of overpowered for protecting fledgling 36x36 tribes when it comes to range.