• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVE Township Portals (feature request)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I would like to see townships get portals to or near their townhall as a separate structure on the PVE map. It could cost something like 10 souls to go from a portal hub in the spawn and this could be a very good money sink for people wanting to quick travel from and to towns.

I would also like to see the 'use' flag changed for neutral people in townships turned off so that they can't use this feature to easily get to and around townships to steal from open chests on PVE. See, http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pve-stealing-issues.53833/

Mayors could pay some fee to have one installed at their town, like 500 souls? (discuss this)

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I remember this back in Sanctum with HeroGates, and why they weren't continued I think was with PvP becoming a larger focus through Heroes. I think this may be good to re-implement with the PvE map. If there's a balanced enough cost, like the 10s you suggest, I don't see a problem with it. We just need a limit on the amount of portals allowed, ie the 25 on Sanctum's Nexus. Maybe something like, 10-15?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I support this suggestion!

It would be a great way of promoting good architecture in towns since the entire server would have an easy way to come look at it. Personally I'd love being able to travel around on PvE visiting all the different communities, and town gates would make that easier.