• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [PvE] - Raids

Schontak

Legacy Supporter 7
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the server, and unsure if this suggestion has been made. I think it would be awesome, if possible, to have Admin controlled Raids. This idea isn't new to the gaming world, but I'm pretty sure it would be a minecraft first. This used to be a fairly common thing in EQ back in the early 2000s. It was one of the greatest things about EQ, and I think it would add alot to this server.

The Idea: Admin would pick a time to "attack the world." They would become a dragon/giant or another epic type mob. With inceased hp and attacks, such as megabolt. It would take a mass effort from the server to take down said dragon/giant or other epic type mob. Which would bring the server closer together and force cooperation in defeating said dragon/giant or other epic type mob.

I'm unsure if this could be accomplished. I know very little about codeing. Which is why I'm the idea guy, and not the get it done guy. ;)

Some thoughts on what could be the rewards: Item drops (If it was possible to drop the loot to those that assisted in downing the boss.) Server wide buffs (Just little things like you get for voting)

If this idea is possible, I have alot of ideas for scenarios and lore ideas to add to the servers RPG element.

As always, thanks for the great server and dedicated staff.

Schontak

c12095

Holy Shit!
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the server, and unsure if this suggestion has been made. I think it would be awesome, if possible, to have Admin controlled Raids. This idea isn't new to the gaming world, but I'm pretty sure it would be a minecraft first. This used to be a fairly common thing in EQ back in the early 2000s. It was one of the greatest things about EQ, and I think it would add alot to this server.

The Idea: Admin would pick a time to "attack the world." They would become a dragon/giant or another epic type mob. With inceased hp and attacks, such as megabolt. It would take a mass effort from the server to take down said dragon/giant or other epic type mob. Which would bring the server closer together and force cooperation in defeating said dragon/giant or other epic type mob.

I'm unsure if this could be accomplished. I know very little about codeing. Which is why I'm the idea guy, and not the get it done guy. ;)

Some thoughts on what could be the rewards: Item drops (If it was possible to drop the loot to those that assisted in downing the boss.) Server wide buffs (Just little things like you get for voting)

If this idea is possible, I have alot of ideas for scenarios and lore ideas to add to the servers RPG element.

As always, thanks for the great server and dedicated staff.

Schontak

Pretty sure this already happens

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
We already do something like this. If you play often enough, you'll see the server chat announcing events and such. I've never attended one, but as I understand it, it's basically what you describe.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
We already had this happen a few times in Zeal, I remember fighting @Kainzo when he was controlling a Giant. He walked into Zeal with his army, throwing his magics on us puny souls. When we finally got him he became a cute blue sheep and started gagging up free stuff for us to collect xD

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
It does happen on occasion, and it is great fun when it does.

It is up to the admins to do them though and they are busy peoples

Request - Player Event Hosts? (people who admins entrust with the ability to spawn mobs/ect to keep players on their toes)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Request - Player Event Hosts? (people who admins entrust with the ability to spawn mobs/ect to keep players on their toes)
There was a request for this, but was denied by Kain himself.

Anyways, these are called Events, and recently they've been happening, but they aren't that frequent. I kind of have to push staff to do them sometimes, because they are so much fun! Great for the community, great for leveling, and great for proving yourself as a PvP'er. As much as it stresses out the server, the server could use a stress test. Admins aren't on enough to do them? Lies. Kainzo is obviously too busy, and when he does do events... they are AWESOME, but the other Admins could probably do an event a week... If it's really tough, then an event every other week.

Schontak

Legacy Supporter 7
Would be cool to get these going often, but I know the staff is very busy working on all the new updates so I understand.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
The events are awesome. The last one I logged in and saw one was going on. I turn a corner in spawn and I literally go O.O as I see a gigantic magma cube.