• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVE only survival/building map

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We all know the Adventure Map is coming soon, it highlights a lot of things wrong with PVE on the server and it will be considered the greatest PVE update to Herocraft (or any server ever created)

I want a PVE survival map that has certain differences from the Haven map. (It will be on the same server but different instance so less lag/no lag introduction to our server)

Things that I want it to have/not have:
  • Greatly reduced soul drops (From ores/mobs/etc)
  • Similar mob spawns, maybe less.
  • No Townships
  • No Griefing
  • No Lavabuckets/fire
  • Not sure about LWC's or Residences.
The goal is to allow you to transfer over your hero to this world if you want to simple build in a survival state or level your hero class in a less risky environment (at a slower rate, or maybe even penalty)

Granted, this won't reach fruition for some type but I've been thinking about it and it's something that will eventually see the light of day here.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
We all know the Adventure Map is coming soon, it highlights a lot of things wrong with PVE on the server and it will be considered the greatest PVE update to Herocraft (or any server ever created)

I want a PVE survival map that has certain differences from the Haven map. (It will be on the same server but different instance so less lag/no lag introduction to our server)

Things that I want it to have/not have:
  • Greatly reduced soul drops (From ores/mobs/etc)
  • Similar mob spawns, maybe less.
  • No Townships
  • No Griefing
  • No Lavabuckets/fire
  • Not sure about LWC's or Residences.
The goal is to allow you to transfer over your hero to this world if you want to simple build in a survival state or level your hero class in a less risky environment (at a slower rate, or maybe even penalty)

Granted, this won't reach fruition for some type but I've been thinking about it and it's something that will eventually see the light of day here.
I guess I agree with this, but I don't
think you should be able to level at all but you will be able to build here and use your class abilities to help you build just no leveling

Also you shouldn't be able to put your diamonds and other rare items to hide here so no one can get them. You should either have to have an lwc or a town/private region in the HC world. That would ruin the fun of raiding a town and the town makin the mistake of not having covered chests.

No mining either.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Won't this just reduce the population on Haven further? We're already going to have an adventure map.
The goal is to reduce population on Haven and spread it equally across Maps (which will be their own server instance).

This is to reduce lag, ensure best performance, right now we're fielding 150-175 on Haven and 20-30 on Ruins.

B

Beastmannn

The goal is to reduce population on Haven and spread it equally across Maps (which will be their own server instance).

This is to reduce lag, ensure best performance, right now we're fielding 150-175 on Haven and 20-30 on Ruins.
Those are just numbers for the start of the map to about the middle, the numbers will drop and this separation of servers won't exactly help

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
oh i thought this thread was about adventure map lol. I think just need to promote people to level in ruins until the adventure map comes out. Maybe permanent small exp bonus or soul drop bonus for ruins, add bosses back in if that plugin works? I would leave pvp in though.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7

Shoot. Well I just don't want PvP to be hard to find. So right now, you'd say that server population is the biggest factor in the lag?