• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Put the party limit of 5 back to 10 on PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ytiggidmas

Today, I got to experience the wrath of limited parties of 5, and I have got to question. Why is this even in place? There was nothing wrong with the old limit. The new limit brings more problems, and is completely unnecessary.
AOEing without any care for your teammates isnt skill. It's not a tactic we want to support.
Yes AOE wihout any care for your teammates isn't skill, but limiting a party doesn't really solve this considering groups can just make a second party, and if you're in a town not damage each other at all anyways. This is a poor solution to a non-existent problem of not hitting your teammates in a fight.
why does that mean they can't come we already have damage prevention for town members. It just means they might not get buffs. This isn't much different to how eve works and they can still manage thousand man fleet fights even with friendly fire. Your complaining for the sake of complaining IMO
It means they don't get buffed yes, but what about people who aren't in a town? They get damaged by each other AND don't get buffs. There's no reason for people on your team to not get a buff , and In addition Eve is probably more balanced so they can handle large scale battles as easily as 5v5's. Also, people are NOT complaining just to complain, they are suggesting this be removed because it simply is not needed. The amount of support @werwew19 has on his thread tells us that he not the only one that thinks this, and that a vast majority of the community also wants the limit to return to 10
The large pvp groups do not need any help at the moment "Winning" they already dominate the space. Let's balance what we can at 5 v 5 stuff - I'm not saying there cant be 10 v 10 - with clans and the PVP off, there's not much reason as stated.

The good thing is - this is a very quick config change and can be undone if and when we deem necessary.
The large pvp groups are going to dominate anyways, 5v5, 10v10, whatever it may be. Because if the group is larger they can just throw in a second/third party to dominate whatever they feel like. This ultimately just makes it a little harder for every group to go out and fight as they really have to consider the combinations of the Good classes to the bad classes, and the good players from the bad players to be in the first, second or third party. It solves nothing.

please do the config change, and undo this unnecessary issue.

TL;DR: A vast majority of the community wants the party limit to be 5 and not 10 on the PVP server, (see thread).

edit: @Kainzo @Danda I spent a lot of time typing this thing up, and also broke my 100 something dollar razer blackwidow keyboard and have to deal with this 20 dollar piece of shit. So I respectably have tagged you to gather your attention to this subject, as it is important, and my panties are very bunched.

Last edited by a moderator:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
if you're in a town not damage each other at all anyways.
So... towns are the issue.

but what about people who aren't in a town? They get damaged by each other AND don't get buffs
It's still towns you're complaining about.

A vast majority
Stats or it's nothing... and even then stats can say anything.

I spent a lot of time typing this thing up, and also broke my 100 something dollar razer blackwidow keyboard and have to deal with this 20 dollar piece of shit.
I typed this with the windows on screen keyboard. With a mouse.

Anyway, if the size is 10, large groups will take 20. You're just trying to (unsuccessfully) avoid the actual issue.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea of making large groups have to be more aware of each other / bigger group is not always better, but the only way to really bring that about is friendly fire. Which is obviously not happening with the way many hero skills are coded to be point blank AOE. so... i am kinda undecided on the 5 vs 10 man group thing and how much of an effect it really has on anything.

Just curious, what is the big disadvantage of the 5 man group thing? wouldnt you just put everyone you want to pvp with in your clan so they dont get hit outside group? or does clan no longer turn pvp flag off for other clan members? I know you dont get aoe heals / buffs out of group but i think that was the entire point of reducing the group sizes - an easy fix to make those abilities less powerful in big group fights.

Y

ytiggidmas

So... towns are the issue.

It's still towns you're complaining about.

Stats or it's nothing... and even then stats can say anything.

I typed this with the windows on screen keyboard. With a mouse.

Anyway, if the size is 10, large groups will take 20. You're just trying to (unsuccessfully) avoid the actual issue.

Towns are just icing on the cake of why the party limit of 5 shouldn't be in place. The point of it was to not mindlessly be placing AOE's down during teamfights, which towns make pointless anyways, Mindless AOE'ing is going to happen anyways with the limit. Also I'd like for you to expand on your arguement as all you have said is that i'm complaining about towns, and that I don't have stats. Why would we restrict the teams from getting buffs when the real problem is still going to be occuring? It's absolutely pointless, and more than just 5 people should be included. 10 was the magic number that allowed everyone to participate, while 5 is the number that leaves people out during things such as conquest.

Also here's just some 'stats' @werwew19 got from his thread about this topic. If you were to look through his threads replies, you would see that many people supported him
6d6d0e3aac.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.