• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Punch II Bows

What do you think about punch bows?

• Keep them in.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Nerf them.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Remove them.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Limit Punch to Punch I

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
At the moment Punch II bows are very strong, a good ranger can be practically untouchable with them, I think they should be nerfed or taken out/limited to punch I

Moralsk

Gold
I don't think it's possible to nerf an enchantment without modding the client, could be wrong though.

I'd say limit them to Punch I.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes, punch 2 is overpowered. Ever fought a ranger that spam arrows with punch 2? It is a disciples or any melee classes worst nightmare.

Keep it at punch 1 would be better cause right now it is too much

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I mean Archers are very limited already, it seems illogical to make them ever more a weaker class XD

( Edit ) Someone did the Logic math and it looks like Rangers are Overpowerred so I change my opinion T_T )

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
impossible to nerf an enchantment, and it'd be silly to remove them entirely as all classes SHOULD have some enchant on their weps to benefit them (im sorry all axe/shovel/miscweps users currently). it'd also be silly to keep the insane punch 2. punch 1 however, is the best of both worlds and should be kept. punch 2 can be removed from enchanters in their config, and I highly support removing punch 2 enchants, while keeping punch 1.

Punch II bows are a part of the game. Some classes have skills to get around the ranger's bow easily. Runeblade for example has blink. Skills like Accelerando also help doge the arrows.

The only way to nerf the enchantment is to nerf the enchanter profession, and that certainly doesn't need a nerf/

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks! I didn't know that u cant change a enchantment just going out on a limb XD

and @Connor12444 saying its part of the game is just stupid, this isn't normal mc this is herocraft! That's like saying its not cheap to dump lava on you when I have half a heart.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
T_T Think of it this way, archers can only hit you every 2 seconds, and you can hit 3 times per second for the same damage, punch kinda evens out the playing field a tad.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
T_T Think of it this way, archers can only hit you every 2 seconds, and you can hit 3 times per second for the same damage, punch kinda evens out the playing field a tad.
The inner mathematician in me just died a little. It takes 1.2 seconds to draw a bow fully. The max you can hit someone with ANY vanilla damage is every 0.5 seconds. Secondly, The base damage for say ninja is 58. The base damage of a fully drawn ranger arrow is around 160. If you do the math:

DPS of Bow: 160/1.2=133
DPS of Sword: 58/0.5=116

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
The inner mathematician in me just died a little. It takes 1.2 seconds to draw a bow fully. The max you can hit someone with ANY vanilla damage is every 0.5 seconds. Secondly, The base damage for say ninja is 58. The base damage of a fully drawn ranger arrow is around 160. If you do the math:

DPS of Bow: 160/1.2=133
DPS of Sword: 58/0.5=116
Point taken, XD Ok Ill call this class op

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
you don't even need to full draw the bow back, and you still get a big knockback effect

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Accel dunt do any against explosive shot or aimed shot! Not every class has a mobility skill to make punch II bows not op

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Custom items (bow of andromeda) should retain the potential to have Punch II, much like they can have Fire Aspect.

Otherwise, I support in-game Punch 1 only.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
There are very few rangers that will hit every shot on you, that would keep you from touching them. I think it is fine.