• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pulse.... (Bard)

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Recently, I switched back to bard. Before, pulse and icyaura had a long warmup, then no warmup, then a warmup again. Now, lets face it, pulse sucks. It hits hardly any damage, has a warmup, and is a waste to use. I can hit more with a jukebox. I think that it should be buffed slightly, and if that means longer warmup time, then thats ok.

Just to clarify, I am not whining that my class needs a buff. Bards are really good. I just want pulse to hit like 90, not 80.
(Pulse isn't even amazing for aoe, when it was instant I used it in 1v1's for extra damage.)

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Bard already does too much damage for a support class :/

I think they should get an AoE armor or AoE regen though :)

A

Aburido_burrito

I have to agree with falseluck, icyaura is a massive slow so if you cannot take the time to hit someone while they are slowed to almost stunned then its not the classes fault your not doing enough damage..

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Before you guys took away the warmup on pulse it did 12 damage, when you made it an instant cast you switched it to 8, now the warmup is back on it and it's still 8 damage. Bard's aren't even op I don't see why they need these nerfs.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Before you guys took away the warmup on pulse it did 12 damage, when you made it an instant cast you switched it to 8, now the warmup is back on it and it's still 8 damage. Bard's aren't even op I don't see why they need these nerfs.
The damage should be put back to what it was, but did you know that before, their icyaura only slowed on the first tick that you encountered. Now it slows for all of them.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
The damage should be put back to what it was, but did you know that before, their icyaura only slowed on the first tick that you encountered. Now it slows for all of them.
The slow isn't OP as people think, 75% of the time people escape the slow.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
The slow isn't OP as people think, 75% of the time people escape the slow.

Its OP when you have any number of people accompanying you... Numerous times I've been running from a bard and when they catch up to me with quicken and I get stuck in icy-aura I'll die by the hand of a sammy or dragoon or ninja before I can take 2 steps.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I have to agree with falseluck, icyaura is a massive slow so if you cannot take the time to hit someone while they are slowed to almost stunned then its not the classes fault your not doing enough damage..
I can deal a LOT of damage when I slow someone. But I can use might, quicken, envenom, kick, and just normal attacks after that. I would like to get a pulse buff so I could deal just that extra 90 damage.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I can deal a LOT of damage when I slow someone. But I can use might, quicken, envenom, kick, and just normal attacks after that. I would like to get a pulse buff so I could deal just that extra 90 damage.
I just switched to bard to remaster it back to lvl 60 and when i tried envenom with my jukebox it didn't work. Am I just mistaken?

Aetosion

Obsidian
Bards are a difficult class to balance. For a week or so they were an entirely viable mainstream combat class. Was that good? I suppose, but one must remember they're a support class. They're quite good at that. Might is invaluable for me as a Samurai, ask any Healer or Caster and they'll tell you Wisdom is a huge help, and have you ever chased someone or gotten out of a situation with Quicken?

Similar to what Falseluck said, IcyAura (while beneficial in a 1v1) is very effective in a group. Make it even more viable for 1v1s, and it ends up being far too strong in a party.

Pulse could be an instacast. I could see that. Yet when balancing, a Bard is thought of in a support capacity first, and as a solo PvPer second.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Bards are a difficult class to balance. For a week or so they were an entirely viable mainstream combat class. Was that good? I suppose, but one must remember they're a support class. They're quite good at that. Might is invaluable for me as a Samurai, ask any Healer or Caster and they'll tell you Wisdom is a huge help, and have you ever chased someone or gotten out of a situation with Quicken?

Similar to what Falseluck said, IcyAura (while beneficial in a 1v1) is very effective in a group. Make it even more viable for 1v1s, and it ends up being far too strong in a party.

Pulse could be an instacast. I could see that. Yet when balancing, a Bard is thought of in a support capacity first, and as a solo PvPer second.
Not only are they support but they are classified as a rogue DPS class. Maybe decrease the slow and up the dmg?