• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Public / Town Versus Town Quests

Lord Dead

Wood
I have always liked solving puzzles or making them for others to solve, but what is better then doing this, with the people you like, for a prize you love. What I would like to see above all else added to HeroCraft is Public quests where the prizes are worthy to even a city.

A public quest would generally follow a sequence that would look somthing like this, though not always.
  1. Towns sign up on forums to be involved in each particular event.
  2. Specific treasure hunters would then sign up under their town to participate in the event.(Note: All treasure hunters are able to be killed by other treasure hunters without causing war between to towns. Treasure hunters belonging to the same team may NOT kill eachother.)
  3. Maps are handed out to each town that has signed up that lead to a well hidden clue.
  4. At this point the event officially begins. (Treasure hunters are now PvP enabled and may search for the treasure.)
  5. A series of clues will lead them to the location of the treasure which is guarded b a series of traps and monsters that it will take more then one or two classes to get through.
  6. Whoever can bring the treasure back to Zeal first wins the competition for their team and the prize is rewarded to that town.
These events would not only add a larger sense of adventure and exploration to HeroCraft, but it would also build the sense of pride to towns, bringing it's citizens closer together and feel more like a real world. It would also build tension between opposing towns creating just enough mistrust to which would feel natural.

This is just a basis to what I think public events should be, and why it should be in HeroCraft. Feel free to leave feedback as I would love to see this and be part of it.