• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Prey class

Would you like to see the addition of a "prey" class

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Anytime one is faced with danger they must decide between fight or flight. Predators fight unless faced with a danger they know they cannot face. Prey flee on instinct knowing that it is their only chance of survival. This post is to see if how many people would be in favor of a "prey" class. I am working up a new class to suggest that would be focused on escaping from predators. I think this would provide an entertaining challenge for the hardcore pvp'ers to have a new class that instead of standing to fight would only be able to run and flee like a rabbit from a fox.

**The poll will be up for 14 days**

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
What i am proposing is a class that can not fight back. Both Dragoon and Ninja (most of the current classes) would be considered predator classes based on their skill sets.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
What would be the point of this class? It sounds like something that people who are too stubborn to play on Shrine or scummy trolls would play.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
What would be the point of this class? It sounds like something that people who are too stubborn to play on Shrine or scummy trolls would play.
I agree, and don't see anything wrong with someone being too stubborn to play on shrine, some people like the added challenge. As for scummy trolls, we already have those spread out amongst other classes. We also have builders on the server that enjoy Haven and it's community but do not have the time to devote to leveling a PVP class while they play and enjoy the server. My idea was to give a single class that gives up the ability to do any significant damage what so ever in favor of high mobility, cc, and escape abilities. If caught they would be relatively easy to kill/camp for their loot. The difference is that it gives players who want to focus on things other than PVP a chance at escape. It also would provide an aspect of "the thrill of the hunt" to those chasing down this prospective class. Perhaps there could even be an added bonus if caught, like a bag of souls that would drop if killed. All of this is just hypothetical at this point and I'm curious to see how the community at large feels.

There are many different play styles with Minecraft. Not all of them are the same and we do not all agree with every play style, but that does not make it wrong. We have Nub campers, Honorable Duelists, Hunting Parties, Builders, Economists, Watchers, Socialites, Highway Bandits, Evil Empires, etc.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I can see this class maybe appealing to me, lol. But only for escaping from pvp (or leading a merry chase), not for evading mobs. Need to level the class somehow.

There are many different play styles with Minecraft. Not all of them are the same and we do not all agree with every play style, but that does not make it wrong. We have Nub campers, Honorable Duelists, Hunting Parties, Builders, Economists, Watchers, Socialites, Highway Bandits, Evil Empires, etc.

I seriously like this list and way of understanding the different things that appeal to players in the game play.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Great idea, I would play it, the problem is leveling it, because if it can't stand up to players whatsoever, how on earth do you expect to kill anything with it in pve?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Level 1 ability: SuperUltraAutoKillMobPunch
Desc: auto-kills all zombies, creepers, skeletons, slimes, and spiders within 5 blocks of your target. If used on players you die instead.

I would probably still play such a class on Shrine. Not fighting but having lots of mobility for building seems fun.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Votes are about 50 - 50 right now

Great idea, I would play it, the problem is leveling it, because if it can't stand up to players whatsoever, how on earth do you expect to kill anything with it in pve?
The best I can come up with is XP from block placement. Still trying to come up with something.

I can see this class maybe appealing to me, lol. But only for escaping from pvp (or leading a merry chase), not for evading mobs. Need to level the class somehow.

I seriously like this list and way of understanding the different things that appeal to players in the game play.
This was much of my idea behind this actually. A class for Architects on the server to escape PVP if they desire or a class to lead others on a merry chase. A "Catch me if you can" type class of sorts. For class leveling. I'm still working on something for this, at the moment I am thinking of block placement, but I'm open to other ideas.

I know that many of our younger members may not understand the appeal of such a class suggestion. However I would like constructive feedback from the hardcore PVP crowd on why they feel this is a bad idea. Not just a one liner, but a thought out explanation please.

*edited for spelling mistakes*

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I voted "Are you retarded? Why would I want to work for loot?!?" not because I want to not have to work for loot, but rather because
1.) Running away is bad
2.) Dragoon already exists, so does ninja, if you can't get away as a ninja or dragoon, you're bad.
So what I'm saying is, Dragoon and Ninja are already REALLY good for getting away. If you're bad enough to not be able to even get away with either of those, you should just get good, m9.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Gonna spew some ideas:

Although I like to pvp, I feel this would be a great class for me. If I could build and have a chance to escape with all my materials when people come to raid, I'd be very happy.

As to no combat skills, maybe you could have combat skills that do regular damage to mobs, but greatly reduced damage to players(if thats even possible to code @0xNaomi ?)

Skills that aid in building/escaping like blink/jump/grappling hook would be nice. And I don't know how this would work, but I'm imagining a high agility, high endurance class with low strength and medium constitution. I wouldn't want to be two-shotted by pvp-focused classes, but being as taky as a paladin is definitely out of the question. The focus of this class would be more towards a profession, but in pvp, you would focus on scouting and shot calling. Maybe make it a support class that can give a haste buff or something.

All in All, I like the idea, but I'm not sure how well it could be executed.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I voted "Are you retarded? Why would I want to work for loot?!?" not because I want to not have to work for loot, but rather because
1.) Running away is bad
2.) Dragoon already exists, so does ninja, if you can't get away as a ninja or dragoon, you're bad.
So what I'm saying is, Dragoon and Ninja are already REALLY good for getting away. If you're bad enough to not be able to even get away with either of those, you should just get good, m9.

Thank you for your reply, but please elaborate more.

1) This is a matter of opinion, we all have our own and generally they all stink. There is an adage here that fits. Rather than just saying running away is bad, please explain on why it is bad in your opinion.
2) I understand that both dragoon and ninja exists and yes both are very mobile and great for escape. That is not the purpose of this thread topic. The ninja is a stealthy assassin. The dragoon is a leaping warrior. The prey class concept is neither of these. Instead of a "...get good, m9." I'm asking folks to think outside the current realms of what is and think of what could be, abstract thoughts for potential. What about a class that focuses on crowd control and impairing movement while remaining mobile.

The idea of keeping such a class from dealing PVP damage is to keep it from being to OP. By limiting the skill set to escape tactics it creates a new dynamic of gameplay not yet seen on the server. Catching such a class would require tactics and strategy. Playing such a class means to be on high alert and knowing how and when to run.

Mobility, Counter Mobility, Survivability
~ Essayons ~

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Gonna spew some ideas:

Although I like to pvp, I feel this would be a great class for me. If I could build and have a chance to escape with all my materials when people come to raid, I'd be very happy.

As to no combat skills, maybe you could have combat skills that do regular damage to mobs, but greatly reduced damage to players(if thats even possible to code @0xNaomi ?)

Skills that aid in building/escaping like blink/jump/grappling hook would be nice. And I don't know how this would work, but I'm imagining a high agility, high endurance class with low strength and medium constitution. I wouldn't want to be two-shotted by pvp-focused classes, but being as taky as a paladin is definitely out of the question. The focus of this class would be more towards a profession, but in pvp, you would focus on scouting and shot calling. Maybe make it a support class that can give a haste buff or something.

All in All, I like the idea, but I'm not sure how well it could be executed.

Thank you for your feedback! I am in the process of working up the specifics and will post it shortly. I greatly look forward to additional insight & commentary from the community

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Thank you for your reply, but please elaborate more.
What I'm trying to say is, the class seems like it's too easy to survive as. Sure, you can't fight back, but you can run. I feel like it should be a dangerous place in Herocraft, and that escaping danger shouldn't be too easy. Ninja and Dragoon are already good at running away if you're trying to do that, and something that's better at escaping than them would remove part of the dangerous feel, because you could just run away with your cc and mobility.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
What I'm trying to say is, the class seems like it's too easy to survive as. Sure, you can't fight back, but you can run. I feel like it should be a dangerous place in Herocraft, and that escaping danger shouldn't be too easy. Ninja and Dragoon are already good at running away if you're trying to do that, and something that's better at escaping than them would remove part of the dangerous feel, because you could just run away with your cc and mobility.
Duly noted, I will take this into consideration with the skill write up I am working on! Thank you. :)

I say make the class as a support type, with lots of buffs and debuffs (AoE AGI increase, Targeted slows, Damage reduce debuffs ect.). Also, for a name, if you make the skills seem Magic based, it could be called an Arcane Trickster, and have it as a Rogue/Caster hybrid.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I say make the class as a support type, with lots of buffs and debuffs (AoE AGI increase, Targeted slows, Damage reduce debuffs ect.). Also, for a name, if you make the skills seem Magic based, it could be called an Arcane Trickster, and have it as a Rogue/Caster hybrid.
Runeblade is already caster/rogue hybrid and we don't want a prey class simple, we don't want nubs who all they do is run, that's what shrine is for