• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion possible ways to get more pvp

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
So I've got 2 suggestions right now, feel free to add more to the suggestion in comments below.

1: a loot chest is generated once every hour at a random location in haven. the location of the loot chest is announced server-wide and is locked for 600 seconds (10 mins), plenty long enough for people to use the various ways of travel around the map to get there. after the 10 minutes, the chest is unlocked and people can loot it. the chest will contain some rare items (special blocks? a custom item or 2, souls, etc) and will despawn after 2 mins of being unlocked. I think this may get more pvp because people will want the rare items in the chest. it will also promote team fights (very few so far) to be able to get the items. One other thing, the chest may rarely spawn empty:eek: meaning there may be a fair bit of rage, which could then lead to some revenge or something, which could lead to more town seiges. I also think this would be pretty fun.

2: a bounty is placed on a random person every hour. This might add a little bit of pvp, (no lostsouls), might also add a bit of risk? to make it more fun, put 3 random bounties every hour.

EDIT: no lostsouls :)
EDIT2: added a bit to the end of #1

Last edited:

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
So I've got 2 suggestions right now, feel free to add more to the suggestion in comments below.

1: a loot chest is generated once every hour at a random location in haven. the location of the loot chest is announced server-wide and is locked for 600 seconds (10 mins), plenty long enough for people to use the various ways of travel around the map to get there. after the 10 minutes, the chest is unlocked and people can loot it. the chest will contain some rare items (special blocks? a custom item or 2, souls, etc) and will despawn after 2 mins of being unlocked. I think this may get more pvp because people will want the rare items in the chest. it will also promote team fights (very few so far) to be able to get the items. I also think this would be pretty fun.

2: a bounty is placed on a random person every hour. This might add a little bit of pvp, (even if it ends up on a lv 1 lostsoul with lv 10 crafter), might also add a bit of risk? to make it more fun, put 3 random bounties every hour.
i like both ideas except for the bounty going on a person at lost soul. The lost souls already have enough crap to deal with with "hardcore pvpers" randomly killing and spawn camping them constantly.

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
The issue with any kind of pvp suggestion is they are not supported by staff. They will never be a focus and will never take any precedent over the future pve promises. It's sad because pvp is what holds the server together and makes players stick around. Even players that don't like pvp have to stay on there toes or build defenses to keep raiders at bay.

Pvp is essential to the server but not the direction it's being taken.

DMs? Gone. Col? Gone. Arenas? Gone. I understand there are plug-in issues, but there are no plans to bring these back or replace them with other "pvp events".

Don't worry, we've added mob scaling and not even mentioned one upcoming pvp implementation.

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The issue with any kind of pvp suggestion is they are not supported by staff. They will never be a focus and will never take any precedent over the future pve promises. It's sad because pvp is what holds the server together and makes players stick around. Even players that don't like pvp have to stay on there toes or build defenses to keep raiders at bay.

Pvp is essential to the server but not the direction it's being taken.

DMs? Gone. Col? Gone. Arenas? Gone. I understand there are plug-in issues, but there are no plans to bring these back or replace them with other "pvp events".

Don't worry, we've added mob scaling and not even mentioned one upcoming pvp implementation.
Ironically mob scaling was added in without a single thought on how it would effect squishy classes that require mana. Drain your entire mana pool to kill 1 mob? Charming.

Hated the old days where someone would alexhoff themselves to prevent getting PVP killed? Just run into 1 creeper and you're bound to die. So much sigh.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the lootchest idea in particular. I mean, minecraft / herocraft is partially a game of resources, but the only pvp oriented way to get resources is basically raid lost souls who dont have lwc / know what they are doing. Should be neutral sites / loot chests / something that can be captured to get resources through pvp, and maybe people would harrass new people less (probably not lol but still)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ironically mob scaling was added in without a single thought on how it would effect squishy classes that require mana. Drain your entire mana pool to kill 1 mob? Charming.

Hated the old days where someone would alexhoff themselves to prevent getting PVP killed? Just run into 1 creeper and you're bound to die. So much sigh.
This is mainly a problem on how magic damage works. Physical damage has weaker burst, but a higher dps. This is good for melee classes since mobs don't have armor. The problem with magic is that it loses all it's benefit against mobs. Maybe there needs to be a buff to magic damage against mobs.