• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Plugin] Graveyards and Bed spawning.

Do you think bedspawning should be renabled

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Falker57

Alright. So I am already fully aware of a recent previous thread of this being closed. The problem with that is I was not given the time to provide my feedback on the suggestion. I feel that graveyards have their pros and in many ways are pretty cool. They must have taken a lot of work and throwing that work down the drain would be very counter productive and I feel Kainzo does not want to do that. Bed Spawning worked back in Sanctum, Zeal, and early Dragongarde. There was a drastic change when graveyards were enabled since it is a pretty big deal. I am creating a neat and tidy list of the pros and cons of Bedspawning.

Graveyards:
Pros:
  • Prevents bed camping, therefore deleveling.
  • Forces players to explore the world more.
  • A unique way of respawning players. More RPGish.
  • Stops players from just killing themselves over and over.
  • Improves economy with redstone buying.
  • More to come...
Cons:
  • Makes people lock themselves away in fear of dying.
  • Confuses new players.
  • Some Graveyards are very far out.
  • New players are graveyard camped.
  • Decreases the amount of pvp.
  • More to come...
Bedspawning:
Pros:
  • Makes people more willing to defend towns.
  • Easier for new players.
  • Prevents pvp stalemates.
  • Makes people more willing to make nice towns (they do not need to worry about dying and wasting time getting back)
  • More to come...
Cons:
  • Bed camping can cause deleveling.
  • Bed camping off new people.
  • More to come...
Summary:
Bedspawning creates much more pvp and with graveyards people wait a long time before even starting a battle. I remember back in Zeal and Early DG that when I was raided I had no problem running out there in a 1v2 in the hopes that I could take one of the raiders out quickly. It was so much more fun and I loved it. I also remember once of letting people in my room and getting camped.

I propose this:
Enable bed spawning. If someone has died 3 times in 1 minute (numbers can be changed as I do not know what they should really be...) then force them to spawn at a GY. Bed camping should be made illegal. This will solve camping and it will also bring back beds. This is also the third choice in the polls.

Conclusion:
If you oppose bed spawning then vote in the polls. If you would like to go a step farther disagree with the post and leave a comment.
If you agree with bed spawning then vote in the polls. If you would like to go a step farther then agree with the post and leave a comment. Be civil, no bashing, stay on topic. Thanks for reading. (Please read the entire post before thinking about posting)

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
When a person is killed and has to re-spawn at a graveyard, it makes them kind of defeated. Leaving the victor free to loot what he/she can. If people can just re-spawn constantly close to where they died (in their own town) it makes death way less of something to be afraid of.

Fear of death makes things fun. :)

F

Falker57

When a person is killed and has to re-spawn at a graveyard, it makes them kind of defeated. Leaving the victor free to loot what he/she can. If people can just re-spawn constantly close to where they died (in their own town) it makes death way less of something to be afraid of.

Fear of death makes things fun. :)
It also limits the amount of pvp. Which isnt fun. In my opinion fear of death has caused people to camp inside their boxy looking towns and do nothing until the raiders have left. I do not think this is what herocraft was going for. I do not know if you were around for zeal but it was fun running out of my town(Skyforge) and trying to hit people off our bridges in the air to fall to their death. I also felt like making a nicer house because I knew that if I died I would just respawn in my bed and I could continue building. While that is just me, many people are different and many think fear of death prevents people from just continuously running out and killing themselves, which is a nuisance. Thank you for your post, keep more coming people!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't see why bedcamping should be an issue anyway. If you really are being camped, then just log out. If you are killed while being AFK, then, well, isn't the first rule of Herocraft ''Do not go AFK''?

Anyway, bring back bedspawning! :D

F

Falker57

I don't see why bedcamping should be an issue anyway. If you really are being camped, then just log out. If you are killed while being AFK, then, well, isn't the first rule of Herocraft ''Do not go AFK''?

Anyway, bring back bedspawning! :D
Afking is not a problem because you have to click respawn to be spawned back in. I dont think logging out is going to be labeled as a great solution to the problem anyways. We want people to STAY on the server.
Thanks for your post!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Bedspawning would kill pvp as people will most likely put them in hard to get places, Graveyards might be annoying to walk and recall from but they add more to pvp and keep it lively in my opinion.

Graveyards are the reason that people don't come out of their towns/houses to fight off PvPers. With beds, they'll be taken right back to their home, to instantly regear and fight again. With graveyards, they either have to walk or recall, both of which are boring.

F

Falker57

Bedspawning would kill pvp as people will most likely put them in hard to get places, Graveyards might be annoying to walk and recall from but they add more to pvp and keep it lively in my opinion.
Yeah but you weren't around when bed spawning was enabled. There were no towns that were completely closed off and people just ran out and pvpd.

Status
Not open for further replies.