• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Plugin] Anti-Xray

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
The current anti x-ray plugin can be described nicely, as a troll. It shows fake ores to those of us not x-raying. It gives me chunk errors every 30 seconds or so. And every 5 minutes, will put me in a 30 second x-ray. Irony?! Yes. The anti-x-ray mod x-rays me! It shows fake ores on the sides of walls. And worst of all, it shows fake ores when you're not even mining!

I understand x-raying is a large problem on all servers, so I propose a new plugin. Anti X-Ray - AntiXRay hides ores from players by turning them into stone until they have been exposed, thus making it impossible for any client side hacks to detect them, as their location is not sent to the client.

If that mod doesn't work, I propose X-Ray detector mods, instead of X-Ray stopping mods.
The current x-ray plugin situation is, in my opinion, very poor.

PS - I can't research the current plugin because the "/pl" command doesn't work, and I can't find a list of the plugins anywhere on the website.[DOUBLEPOST=1349245351,1349243915][/DOUBLEPOST]Examples

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
We used that version earlier, but there are two cons with it. Caving is sad, and people can still x-ray the ores that pops up around you.

Needless to say, this version works better :p

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
The current anti x-ray plugin can be described nicely, as a troll. It shows fake ores to those of us not x-raying. It gives me chunk errors every 30 seconds or so. And every 5 minutes, will put me in a 30 second x-ray. Irony?! Yes. The anti-x-ray mod x-rays me! It shows fake ores on the sides of walls. And worst of all, it shows fake ores when you're not even mining!

As Kevinlive said, we used the version you mentioned earlier. The current version is much better for both the players and the server as it doesn't hide ores in caves and it hides things like buried chests from x-rayers.

PS - I can't research the current plugin because the "/pl" command doesn't work, and I can't find a list of the plugins anywhere on the website.

This is disabled for security reasons.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
I understand everything you're saying. But if this is indeed, the best X-Ray stoppper, then I propose we stop using it, and use an X-Ray detector. This plugin DRASTICALLY takes away from my enjoyment of this server. It makes me X-ray! Perhaps a plugin that detects farm rates. Or maybe one that announces finds! That particular mod also comes bundled with anti-cheat features such as light-level monitoring to deter fullbright hackers and x-ray users.
I just really don't like the current plugin. It takes away from my enjoyment of the server. Surely other people must be getting these crazy "chunk error x ray" things.
It does exactly what it's trying to deter.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Honestly, I'd rather be trolled by the plugin than mine knowing I'm probably missing a good 1 in 5 mineral deposits. We've tried to use the other one and I remember that when they removed it and replaced it with the current one I got huge amounts of resources by going in peoples mineshafts and explored caves and getting what the plugin was hiding before.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What you see is highly determined by how much lag you have connecting to Houston, TX - the less ping, the less errors.

We're working on fixes - the dev does this of his own free time and it is by far the "Best" at stopping XRAY so far.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Walking into a cave and finding ore is > a plugin trolling you. It's quite obvious when you see fake ore.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
What you see is highly determined by how much lag you have connecting to Houston, TX - the less ping, the less errors.

So the x-ray stopper isn't what is causing the chunk errors? Good.
I hate it much less now.
I don't think I should have much lag at all! I have 10 - 15 mb/s down and 2-4 mb/s down in California.
I guess I just figured the anti x-ray was causing it because I've never had this happen before.