• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Please rework Defiler's Endless Nightmare Spell

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Up until recently, the wiki had the Tier 2 Necromancer's (Defiler) "ultimate" spell as a damage over time/heal over time spell. Recently, it was changed to "spend 200 mana, deal 10+.1 damage per intellect per second for five seconds, knocking the target up."

This spell has little worth and I am requesting that it be reworked to fit better within a Necromancer's kit. The damage over time/heal over time was functional, as it mixed decay and drain soul together; this one is both extremely expensive for minimal damage: a Defiler with 40 intellect is going to do about 250 damage over five seconds for a cost of 200 mana; by contrast, a single bonespear will deal 450 damage for 130 mana for up to 20 blocks...that is, dealing 450 to *every* target in a 20 block line.

As an "ultimate" spell, this spell pales in comparison's to a Necro's L1 spell... please revert back to the DOT/HOT combo, consider it being AOE, or incorporate something more "ultimatey" for Defiler's end spell.

Thank you,

-yav

thewhizkids

Glowstone
the wiki does not realy say this, but the skill also gives the target slowness and blindness for 5 seconds. and i think those debuffs is its real strenght. not the damage.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I have used it, but only in PVE. The debuffs you speak of are neither on the wiki nor the /skills description, so I had no idea.
You kinda need to use things in PVP as that is the primary source for class balance.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
EndlessNightmare isn't the Defiler skill anymore, it's a variant called Nightmare.
In comparison, it's a slight DoT instead of flat damage and has less CC (because Endless is kinda crazy).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Class balance needs to reside in both PVE and PVP.

In either case, I think the damage on it alone could be increased slightly as it received a huge nerf, from 300 dmg (mistakenly) to 81.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Class balance needs to reside in both PVE and PVP.

In either case, I think the damage on it alone could be increased slightly as it received a huge nerf, from 300 dmg (mistakenly) to 81.

Fair enough; what needs to be done to make this happen? Thanks. :)