• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Permission required to kick from Town

Celvick

Legacy Supporter 7
It has come to my attention that only Mayors have the permission to kick members from town, I believe this should also be passed onto the Sic and council members for a few reasons:

1. SIC and Council members used to be able to kick town members in previous maps.
2. If the mayor is offline or inactive, for whatever reason, there would be no way of removing a member who continues to steal or break town rules.

Because of this, I think the ability to add someone to a town should also be given to another rank like sentinel, guard, or helper.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It has come to my attention that only Mayors have the permission to kick members from town, I believe this should also be passed onto the Sic and council members for a few reasons:

1. SIC and Council members used to be able to kick town members in previous maps.
2. If the mayor is offline or inactive, for whatever reason, there would be no way of removing a member who continues to steal or break town rules.

Because of this, I think the ability to add someone to a town should also be given to another rank like sentinel, guard, or helper.
@Admins can change this in the townyperms.yml file - if they dont, I'll get on it soon.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!

Completely agreed.

Well, I will just provide an example of what could happen. About 3 years ago I played on a different PvP server which has long since shut down.

When I first began on the server I joined a town and was offered a deal from an opposing town in which I would get council member perms and remove every member from the town as well as steal all money from town bank. I did not accept this deal as even my 12 year old sense of morals prevented me from doing it, but someone else did accept the deal. It worked flawlessly. They opened the gates to the town and all the members were massacred and could not get back to town to compete.

So in short I totally agree with this. Politics are fun.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Well, I will just provide an example of what could happen. About 3 years ago I played on a different PvP server which has long since shut down.

When I first began on the server I joined a town and was offered a deal from an opposing town in which I would get council member perms and remove every member from the town as well as steal all money from town bank. I did not accept this deal as even my 12 year old sense of morals prevented me from doing it, but someone else did accept the deal. It worked flawlessly. They opened the gates to the town and all the members were massacred and could not get back to town to compete.

So in short I totally agree with this. Politics are fun.

I miss being naive.. sometimes. Then I read things like this, and remember being 'that guy.' Then I remember when it was my town. No regrets.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I think I set it so SIC can now kick as well, check and lmk please, thanks!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I even did a towny reload before I asked you to check it for me, so not sure if I got the right perm but I checked the wiki and put it under second in command. :/ @Kainzo

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
My thirst to kick people has be filled. Thanks @xexorian @Kainzo
I don't think it was our intention with the towny plugin to make it specifically so only mayors had kick power. With all of our previous implementations of a township system we have had SIC's as a rank and title designed in such a way to help run the towns. With this, I'm pretty sure mayors can still promote/demote whoever is SIC of their town to delegate power as they see fit. Thanks for reporting it, Celvick!