• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch review

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@Balance Team

I just thought I would post to see where everyone stood on some of the changes done in the previous patch, and if we missed something or buffed skmethig too hard.

My initial thoughts:
why was the smoke duration increased by like 4 seconds? That seems a little too much to me and should be somewhere like 3-4 seconds especially without a reagent.

Shaman in its current state shouldn't have its two melee skills interrupt. I'm not quite sure but I'm almost positive they do @malikdanab

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
They've been that way forever.
"Shaman in its current state shouldn't have melee skills" Fixed it.
The in its current state part was reference to it being split into two classes (one damage one support) but I agree, not needed.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]

I just thought I would post to see where everyone stood on some of the changes done in the previous patch, and if we missed something or buffed skmethig too hard.

My initial thoughts:
why was the smoke duration increased by like 4 seconds? That seems a little too much to me and should be somewhere like 3-4 seconds especially without a reagent.

Shaman in its current state shouldn't have its two melee skills interrupt. I'm not quite sure but I'm almost positive they do @malikdanab
Ninja's bread and butter is smoke, that's it's entire way to get it's damage out especially in team fights.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Ninja's bread and butter is smoke, that's it's entire way to get it's damage out especially in team fights.
Agreed. Smoke really makes the entire class and can actually give a pretty decent role to Ninjas in teamfights with the increase.

Overall though I think the patch went smoothly. However the stam reduction on goons jump was pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I wasn't their to combat it and with the old Stamina costs goons were catching up to people and taking off from people in every single scenario unless the server wasn't lagging and holy steed caught up to them. Goons could get away with it.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Yup I wasn't there for the goon stam thing either, it's pretty ridiculous. Goon was okay already.

And I could argue some of the disciple changes too.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'd like confirmation on the types of combat skills that are to retain reagents. I'm seeing these groupings:
  1. utility/horse
  2. utility/port
  3. utility/track
  4. attribute buffs
  5. resurrections
Are these correct?

If so, I'll do up a table to show how many skills each class needs reagents for currently for further consideration.

@Kainzo [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
To expand:

1. utility/horse (DK/DreadSteed, Pal/HolySteedl)

2. utility/port (Necro/Hellgate, Beg/Teleport, Wiz/GTP) - also maybe Port (Druid/Wiz)?

3. utility/track (Ranger/Track)

4. attribute buffs (Druid/BruteForce, Cleric/Blessing, Cleric/Courage, BM/Englightenment, Beg/Splendor, Disc/Alacrity)

5. resurrections (Cleric/Revive and Pal/Revive, Shaman/Reincarnate and Druid/Reincarnate, BM/Awaken)​

Atm Invuln has retained reagents - I'm not following the logic of this.

And @munchlaxhero @NuclearCouch I have an idea why Blink might be acting like it still needs a reagent (coding issue).

This is the current spread of skills that have retained reagents (not including Invuln):

Reagents classes.JPG

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  1. utility/horse
  2. utility/port
  3. utility/track
  4. attribute buffs
  5. resurrection
Yah... all of these should retain.

They don't directly pertain to combat/or arent essential to "win" in a fight.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
  1. utility/horse
  2. utility/port
  3. utility/track
  4. attribute buffs
  5. resurrection
Yah... all of these should retain.

They don't directly pertain to combat/or arent essential to "win" in a fight.
I added a table showing the spread of reagent-retain skills to my post above.