• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 2.14

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
*Patched Pumpkin exploit - Disabled toggling of Redstone pumpkins
*Parties are now disbanded when you are the last person left in it. Also fixed death exp display.
*Firearrow now sets the person on fire
*Made the /lvl command's output look nicer.
*Adjusted the leveling curve from 1.0 to 1.3 - this will not change EXP but may affect levels.
*Minimized rounding errors from exp sharing
*Experience is now handled internally as a double.
*Capped parties at 10 players.
*Changing classes has been increased to 500c - choose wisely.

R3xz

Glowstone
The curve will make it take more exp to lvl or what? So instead of 100k to lvl 50 i will need 130k?

Also, what is the "Experience is now handled internally as a double."? Is that just a coding mechanic change or what?

lastly the class change cost increase is quite disappointing. Oh well.

I can't give you specifics, but I believe when Kain says the curve's been changed, he means that, for example, the lower levers will take longer than normal, but the last levels will be shorter. Whether a change from 1 to 1.3 means leveling faster at the beginning or end, I don't know, but I think he means that leveling to 50 will still be 100k. (does this make sense?)

Yes, "double" is a type of programming variable, like integer, long integer, String, etc. Don't really know the significance of this or why it's in the announcements. ;)

Rather disappointing. Oh well.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Also, what is the "Experience is now handled internally as a double."? Is that just a coding mechanic change or what?
Yes. Internal calculations will be handled using floating-point doubles to avoid rounding errors when dealing with fractions of EXP (for example, when calculating party EXP bonuses). These doubles are then wrapped in integers before being displayed as your current EXP total.

lastly the class change cost increase is quite disappointing. Oh well.
dealwithit.gif

RightLegRed

Stone
I can't give you specifics, but I believe when Kain says the curve's been changed, he means that, for example, the lower levers will take longer than normal, but the last levels will be shorter. Whether a change from 1 to 1.3 means leveling faster at the beginning or end, I don't know, but I think he means that leveling to 50 will still be 100k. (does this make sense?)

Yes, "double" is a type of programming variable, like integer, long integer, String, etc. Don't really know the significance of this or why it's in the announcements. ;)

Rather disappointing. Oh well.

It's in the announcement otherwise we'd get reports of "OMG I got 0.5 exp!". This balances things so you aren't able to exploit party exp.