• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladin Strong Skills

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Paladin is strongly appealing to players, it has been for the past map, and it will remain to be Top-Tier mobility warrior unless we change other Mobility or Sustain Tanks. It has had a solid run in the Limelight, but a few mechanics are strongly drawing players to this class and I am suggesting we dial that back a bit.

Mechanics I consider strongly appealing for Pally:
  • Low Endurance plus 65 base armor (meaning the pally has to only use a few points to reach the upper-server armor tiers)
  • DivineStun: with only 8 Charisma, this goes from 1.5 second stun to 2 second stun on a 25 second cooldown. COMPARED TO THE LACK OF TRUE STUNS FROM OTHER CLASSES, THIS SKILL IS STRONG.
  • Absolution: 15 second 100+ self heal is a strong skill especially with the natural tankyness of Paladin.
  • Invuln: This skill is not too strong by itself but the Paladin can do a lot with Invuln depending on their build. If they build a bit of STR or a bit of WIS, this cooldown is a strong one.
  • Lay Hands: Strongly appealing, don't change it
  • HolySteed: Strongly appealing, don't change it

Suggested Change:
  • Higher Endurance base level to make increasing armor rates more costly to attribute builds, same Base Armor Weight and Stamina Regen rate re-balanced to current levels.
AND
  • Increased Cooldown on DivineStun from 20 seconds to 30 seconds. FULL EXPLORATION OF POSSIBLE Cooldown-Glitch. Some people have claimed that DivineStun comes off cooldown too quickly. It has something to do with the Kick/Maim/Itembind glitch that has been so difficult to duplicate.
OR
  • Absolution: Lower Base levels, increase Wisdom scaling. This would make Wisdom support/sustain builds require more investment. Additionally it might bring HolyAura back into a Sustain Build's rotation more than is currently the case.
OR
  • Invuln now has a melee damage reduction, and becomes a largely defensive cooldown.

I am suggesting we make it more costly for Paladin to scale above Base (65) armor weight by increasing their base Endurance levels to ~10 from 7, and then in addition to that go forward with one of the three DS, Absolution, or Invuln adjustments.
Thoughts?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Lay Hands: Strongly appealing, don't change it
And this is why Cleric gets screwed: Pally has a better skill and it's a tank.

On a serious note...
Invuln now has a melee damage reduction, and becomes a largely defensive cooldown.
As far as I know, Invuln has ALWAYS had in its description that it prevents you from taking action. Could always make it actually do so. (Though that'd hurt Cleric further, too, since it's the same skill...)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. And this is why Cleric gets screwed: Pally has a better skill and it's a tank.

On a serious note...
2. As far as I know, Invuln has ALWAYS had in its description that it prevents you from taking action. Could always make it actually do so. (Though that'd hurt Cleric further, too, since it's the same skill...)
1. Off-topic: Better? I disagree but acknowledge that it is a matter of perspective. Still, when you consider that FullHeal is on a 20 second cooldown, the Warm-up doesn't mean much compared to Insta-LayHands on a 15 minute cooldown. Imo.

2. Currently being Invulnerable means that you cannot use offensive skills. However you can still do left click damage or use non-damaging skills, like Heals.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Currently being Invulnerable means that you cannot use offensive skills. However you can still do left click damage or use non-damaging skills, like Heals.

It would probably be possible to disable left click dmg while under invuln.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I have to disagree with some of your points. The Paladin's role has always been 'support' or 'tank'. The only two changes I can agree with are a longer cooldown on divine stun and less damage while using invuln.
  • Absolution: Sure, you could nerf the heal, but the heal is not the big issue with Paladin. It is meant to have a heal. A Paladin is a holy knight who can heal (well, in most games that is).
  • Endurance Change: I feel like this will not really accomplish anything. People have no problem throwing extra points into Endurance to get that armor they had before the nerf. The more endurance they have the most stamina regeneration they have. The Paladin's I play with still run into some stamina problems so if you were to nerf their equipment weight they would put a few extra into endurance for the sake of wearing the same armor and stamina regeneration
For supposedly being a 'support' and 'tank' it has a very strong physical damage skill. Strike.
  • 5s CD
  • 3 damage per point of strength (1 damage on initial, 2 damage on the DOT)
Strike Suggestion
  • Lower initial damage to 30 from 35
  • Increase DOT damage to 20
  • Decrease the DOT scaling to 1 damage per point of strength (from 2 damage)