• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Open Palms

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been asked a few times why I had this pic up before (and on ts)
<< (the open palm with flowers)
It has some pretty heavy significance for me
and it's a great reminder to me when I need it

The idea of open palm came from a friend of mine several years back~ he and I have somewhat adopted it as a way of life
I still have much learning to do! And I admit I struggle greatly with it at times
but I try to remember and grow
Sometimes I utterly fail lol but I'm human!

Open palm is a way of approaching life that allows for things, ideas, people to filter in and out of our lives.
If your palms are too full~ there is no room for anything new.
If they are empty, or near empty, there is room for what we need, or simple beautiful things, or people we may learn from or have fun with or need in our lives to come into them.
You can't put something in your pocket if they're too full!
It's all too easy to grasp ideas or people (or anything really) too tightly.
(Living life with clenched fists vs. open palm)
When this happens, we rebel against the idea of losing it or seeing change.
We grieve, we anger, we struggle, we fear
To give up that grasping, is to allow ourselves the peace for change to happen~ to flow with it
Sometimes we have to give up grasping, because it is not our place to do so

I wanted to write this up, because it's been discussed for a while that things are changing on HC. There is a shift, there are new changes coming with adventure and many other things. We see people filter in and out of the community often, as with any server of any game. It's the nature of gaming. It's never static. (About the closest is a console game, and even with those they come with updates these days)

As I said, I'm human. There are things I struggle with here, as many others do. But I've challenged myself to find exactly what those are, and see how I can personally turn it around or transform them~ be it my attitude, feeling disconnected, etc. None of us can control what others do, but we can take responsibility for ourselves. We find what we lack, what we miss, and we can work towards fulfilling those things. We allow the old to leave our palms, and make room for something new. I see a lot of people doing this by joining staff teams, helping new people (including the new town for new people), making suggestions, etc.

I challenged myself to sit with open palms through the transitions and shifting. We only see the murky waters of change, where we can't see what lies ahead. Maybe for now, we don't worry about what lies ahead. We sit with open palms and wait. Not being quick to anger, quick to judge, quick to grieve but allowing the changes to happen organically. (And by organically, I mean naturally).

I think most all of us are here because we like it and care about the server (and possibly others on it). We have some big emotional responses when we see any of that being messed with, leaving our grasp or any other change related event. That reaction, we can read between the lines, and understand that in our anger, in our sadness, it means we care. We grasp because we don't want to lose something important to us, whether that be idea, person, etc. It's sometimes not in our control though.
And even if something or someone leaves~ we got that experience for a short time (or maybe a long time) and that is more than we had before. Okay, I'm starting to get away from the point x) lol

Peace, love and Minecraft cookies~

Last edited:

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Misty, that was well put, and rather beautifully written. This is an eye-opening ideology, reminding everyone that change is natural; to accept the free will and choice of others, and in a way also empower one's self to go forward with changes, public or private, that the individual decides upon and deems necessary. But, always striving to uphold grace in this.

Thank you for sharing this string of thoughts with us all.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Thank you, Misty, your thoughts expand my understanding.

As I see it, control is illusion.

We cannot control, and by seeking the illusion of control we only bring distress to ourselves and others.

If anything, the only thing we can control is our own perceptions and understandings, but this only with considerable practice and commitment.

We cannot control others, we cannot control events.

Paradoxically, and profoundly beautifully, by letting go of the illusion of control we actually gain greater control!

This is because we are able to respond more fluidly and peacefully as events unfold around us.