• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion One for Ranger :D

Zelphril

Legacy Supporter 7
Rangers track people, and then hunt them. But what if this prey is tricky fast? Well if rangers had One it would make hunting much easier. Just sayin.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like Backflip/Jump would fit a bit more thematically. At least in my vision they'd be a type of character jumping from tree to tree stalking prey rather than running head first at an enemy.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
the skill 'leap' would be more suited. You would launch up about 2 blocks and foward about 6-8 blocks.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger needs One, Harmtouch, PlagueBombArrowStormFuckYou, and LayHands.

serious
Ranger will not need a mobility skill until IceArrow stops being so great.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Rangers track people, and then hunt them. But what if this prey is tricky fast? Well if rangers had One it would make hunting much easier. Just sayin.
Swiftness potions, they are very useful. Befriend an alchemist or find a chest shop!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
A sprint skill could be neat, 2s of 50+% movement speed. 15-20s cd.
Allows for a nice escape from that bolting wizard. One though? Nope.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
One is not fitting with ranger...
But what about a skill witch makes the ranger able to sprint backwards for like 10 blocks?

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
This is a bump for Rangers... I would love to play a ranger. I am not into PVP all that much, but I would love to be a Bounty hunter. Ranger playes this role well since it can sneak, and more importantly track. The thing that sucks is they cannot hold their own in a fight... They pets are nothing more than a nuisance and will die in one hit. It would be nice if they could be good at 1v1's if not team fights.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
This is a bump for Rangers... I would love to play a ranger. I am not into PVP all that much, but I would love to be a Bounty hunter. Ranger playes this role well since it can sneak, and more importantly track. The thing that sucks is they cannot hold their own in a fight... They pets are nothing more than a nuisance and will die in one hit. It would be nice if they could be good at 1v1's if not team fights.

Rangers are in a good place right now. When you master, ask one of the mastered Rangers to mentor you a bit. We just got a huge fix, in that we don't get locked into using elemental arrows (once we start using them) for a minimum of 10 seconds anymore, it made the class clunky. Before we had to wait 10 seconds or switch elemental arrows, meaning we really never shot regular arrows in a fight. Now we can cancel them after 2.5 seconds, allowing us to DoT and kite more effectively.

We are squishy, it takes some getting used to.

Wolf is a level 5 skill that provides companionship, a single fireball shield, and tears of grief. Its not what the spec's pvp is based around.

macura

Diamond
Rangers maybe could have a skill that does a little hop type thing, however the skill would have to barely launch them up in the air. Just to prevent them from getting to areas that are unable to be reached by others and just creating an automatic win or a stale mate.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Macura, you have hit the nail on the head for why a vertical skill should be hard to balance. And as I said, a speed mobility skill is going to need Ice nerf, which has stumped balance team for a while (how to replace Ice rape combo of ice ice ice...)