• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ocelots...

Should Ocelots Be Removed

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
1221606922SnhAKD.jpg

I have a suggestion, remove ocelots from Herocraft.

Reasons why:
-Kind of useless
-Drop 1exp
-Cause lag(not sure how much)
-Are just plan annoying

Positive Side-affects:
-Less lag
-Possible more hostile mobs can take the place of the entities lost(you know, things that actually help you level
-Jungles being less crowded
-Dog lovers will celebrate

Possible Negatives:
-No cat pets(haven't seen anyone with one yet)
-The bartender at spawn might be upset his cat fizzled out of existence
-Cat lovers will complain

..that pretty much it.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Cats are OP, they keep Creepers away from low levelled people who dont get one-shotted by them. I mean, if they can tame cats.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I think it should be stated what y'all are asking of the staff. While it seems like a simple idea, there isn't a simple command to turn off ocelots. There are two ways to implement this suggestion: modifying minecraft server code, or creating a plugin that blocks ocelots from spawning. The first is a major hassle. The second eats performance as it must check every mob spawned.

I do not mean to sound negative, but I doubt the staff would sacrifice developer time and possibly server performance for this, and I doubt you would want them to.

Possible more hostile mobs can take the place of the entities lost(you know, things that actually help you level

I thought I should also add this is incorrect. The population limit of hostile mobs is seperate from passive mobs.

cschris54321

Soulsand
Cows give everything they do but leather too and it doesn't waist inv space on cooked and non cooked pork.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I think it should be stated what y'all are asking of the staff. While it seems like a simple idea, there isn't a simple command to turn off ocelots. There are two ways to implement this suggestion: modifying minecraft server code, or creating a plugin that blocks ocelots from spawning. The first is a major hassle. The second eats performance as it must check every mob spawned.

I do not mean to sound negative, but I doubt the staff would sacrifice developer time and possibly server performance for this, and I doubt you would want them to.

I thought I should also add this is incorrect. The population limit of hostile mobs is seperate from passive mobs.
Well that was informative, thanks.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Positive Side-affects:
-Less lag
-Possible more hostile mobs can take the place of the entities lost(you know, things that actually help you level
-Jungles being less crowded
-Dog lovers will celebrate

Possible Negatives:
-No cat pets(haven't seen anyone with one yet)
-The bartender at spawn might be upset his cat fizzled out of existence
-Cat lovers will complain

..that pretty much it.
Positives.
  1. The lag is miniscule and will not be noticed considering we run at 20tps the majority of the time.
  2. Passive mobs and Hostile mobs have their own seperate pools. One does not effect the other.
  3. No Argument there
  4. This is kind of a worthless point
The negatives aren't even worth mentioning. But my point is removing them will do nothing.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Cows give everything they do but leather too and it doesn't waist inv space on cooked and non cooked pork.
My brain exploded trying to read this.

Keep Ocelets, I like having a few pet cats blocking my chest whenever I really need gear... You know what, never mind. Slay them all!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
aww i like dem cats... i tamed a few, scared a few creepers off of me, then creeper got glitchy or something and pushed my cat away while i was in my chest and killed me and the cat...