• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Nowi: The Goddess of the Crossroads and the Wild lands.

Snowjin

Legacy Supporter 4
I know its more of a story but this is my most recent piece of work, I wrote it for the town TilTwo and it was going to be a ranger/pathfinder lore. Its not finished but there is plenty here to get a generalization of my writing style, hope you enjoy.

Nowi, The goddess of 'Cross Roads and The Wild Lands.' Nowi lived with her dad in a hut secluded from civilization. War was raging across the 'Cosmos'. Nowi at the age of 14 was unmatched in the art of the bow, able to hit her targets up to 350 yards in the forest, nobody could match her skills, not even her father who taught her. She frequently wandered the woods against her protective father’s wishes. She was always attracted to all the life and vivid colors. It was her own personal world where she practiced hours on end. Her father would work the garden to provide for the both of them while Nowi would play in the forest sculpting miniature animals with wood, spending countless hours on every single detail of the sculpture it would take her days to finish a portion of them. She would place the ones she adored the most in her pack and went to the market to trade the others away. Everyone loved Nowi's sculptures for their high quality and where known to bring good fortune.

It was said that one man purchased Nowi's squirrel sculpture for his daughter on her deathbed with an incurable ailment, when the father returned home to see that his daughter had suddenly passed away while he was away. The father solemnly pulled the sculpture out of his pocket and knelt by his daughter. He held his only daughter and the sculpture pressing it into her cold hands and cried that he wasn't there for her and that the gods be cruel enough to take such a little girl away from the world. Tears rolled down onto the sculpture, the area where its eyes would be began to shine a small but very bright green light. The sculpture began to get very hot and soon the father had to remove his hand. In dismay he tried to remove the sculpture from his daughters hand but it wouldn't move, he frantically ran outside for a pale of water, when he came back into the house, his daughter was awake sitting up on the bed staring at her father. Her hand pitch dark from where the sculpture was but the sculpture had gone to ash and lay in broken pieces on the floor still emitting orange from the heat.

Alright if you got this far I really want to thank you and please give me some feedback! There's a lot more to come so don't worry!

Everyone loved Nowi's lively spirit whenever she would visit the market people would come up to them hoping that she would sell them sculptures. Nowi never sold the sculptures for money but sold them based on the spirit of the person buying them. She could sense when someone’s heart was caring/true and filled with good intent. As she laughed and tried to pass by the crowds of people she would bring. She tried to pass it off that she hadn't finished any yet while trying very hard not to upset the people. When she found someone who had the spirit to buy her sculptures she would make them promise by pinky swearing never to sell them for money. The pinky swear went like this.

Pinky, pinky cross my heart
Hold this promise
and you will find solace
Pinky, pinky cross my heart
Break this promise
And you will find darkness

As the sun starts to fall Nowi would return home exhausted from the day. She would sneak a little of the money she made from the market into her father’s stash. She knew of the harshness of the taxes the new king put on the people. Even they could not escape the greed of this man. She had roughly 2 silvers saved up in her own personal stash. She hoped to one day buy her father a gift. The following day Nowi awoke...

Continuing on then..

The following day Nowi awoke to the sound of a distressed animal. Nowi knew every animal in the forest and didn't recognize the sound of the creature. She quickly threw on her coat and strapped on her boots and ventured out into the dawn. It was unnaturally foggy for the season but Nowi continued on in search for the source of the sound. She searched for hours but couldn't find anything, she quickly became exhausted and stopped to eat. When she sat down she heard a growl above her head. Nowi quickly rolled away and drew her bow staring at the creature in the tree. She couldn't believe her eyes, it was exactly like her latest miniature figure she created by imagination. Its eyes burned with fire, pitch black except for a amber circle in the middle. Scales covered the creature’s body, tiny horns protruded from its skulls. Its tail lined with scales in the shape of a saw blade. Wings abruptly come out of its back. Its four legs all ending in razor sharp claws that easily cut into the wood it was perched on.

As she watched the creature in disbelief, it crawled its way into her pack and dragged out the sculpture that looked like the creature, the creature snapped and clawed over the sculpture. Then it did something Nowi never expected. It blew a small flame into the sculpture. The sculpture seemed to absorb the fire. Nowi was awestruck this was a new creature nobody had ever seen before, she became determined to try and tame it but first it needed a name. Nowi named it Azoth. As Azoth continued to beat at the sculpture unable to have any effect on the sculptures condition. Nowi crept closer to it slowly, her heart racing. As soon as she was close enough she leapt towards the creature arms outstretched. She wrestled with the creature for a while. Both Nowi and Azoth quickly tired, but Nowi had come out victorious but not without a gash on her forearm. With the creature subdued Nowi began to investigate the creature, it looked exactly like how she imagined in her sculpture. The small reptilian creature rebelled against its restraints and quickly clawed its way through the restraints, it unfolded its wings and flew away before Nowi could stop it. She watched as it flew out of sight. Confused yet excited she ran back to her father to tell of her discovery. As she approached her house 2 king’s men were at the door talking with her father. She hid behind a tree watching the heavily armored men shift uncomfortably as they talked to him.

All of a sudden there was a flash of movement from within the door and then the kings men fell to the ground blood spraying from their necks. Nowi watch in horror as her father stepped of the door and cleaned his knife on the 2 soldier’s lifeless bodies. Her father had never hurt anyone before.Her father had always taken care of the sickly and wounded animals, but that's only as it is now. (Let me know if you want more lore and backstory onLorik, Leader of the Old Kings Drakars.)

Her father called over to Nowi telling her to stop hiding. She stepped from behind the tree and asked her father why he killed those two men. Her father told her not to ask questions and just to pack up all of her things and prepare to leave. Suddenly a man appeared out of no where behind her father and then a sword protruded from her fathers chest. Nowi ran until her legs burned and continued on until she passed out. When she awoke she saw the man who slew her father sitting cross legged under a tree observing her sculptures. With no energy to run she started crying. The man aware that Nowi was awake slowly drew his sword still crusted red with her fathers blood. It's black color seemed to absorb the light around it. As he stood over her ready to drive his sword into her, a screech came from the sky and the small winged creature and drove its claws into the mysterious man. Animals started appearing at the edge of the clearing. Azoth raked it's claws across the mans eyes blinding him, blood quickly covering his face. Nowi's vision going dark.

One of the more creative interpretations of the "Hero's Journey," I had to stop and think about the elements for a few seconds. I was impressed you took the time to make sure you had decent grammar and spelling; most people do not take this time to check this. Just look through it for some spacing errors. Other than that good job. I had been waiting for some Tiltwo lore.

I do have one question though, what does this story have to do with Crossroads? The Wildlands part was clear, but there wasn't much about crossroads. Next chapter maybe?

Snowjin

Legacy Supporter 4
Well i was going to go into more details about how Nowi was going to run and along the way she was going to have to make difficult decisions. By being presented with two paths she decides to make her own. But the story would have a major twist but its kinda at a major halt because I'm not sure what to do with it (if i should keep writing or not). I used that as my example for my Loremaster application. If theres a demand to continue writing i'll do so.

Well i was going to go into more details about how Nowi was going to run and along the way she was going to have to make difficult decisions. By being presented with two paths she decides to make her own. But the story would have a major twist but its kinda at a major halt because I'm not sure what to do with it (if i should keep writing or not). I used that as my example for my Loremaster application. If theres a demand to continue writing i'll do so.
To me, no matter what, unless you completely disown the story (which you shouldn't do) you should at least finish it. Sure it isn't the normal plot type I read, but I still enjoy seeing the creativity of members of this community no matter how it is expressed (Unless it is some gross masochistic thing. I will avoid that, but I don't think that is the direction this is going.), and I am sure there are others that do as well.