• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Not So New Runeblade Skill

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
One thing I've noticed is that there's a lack of "Blade" in runeblade. What I'm suggesting is that runeblade get pyromacers' "Darkblade" and make it like duskblade where it applies runes. For those who don't know what Darkblade is:
  • Stamina: 275
  • Mana: 50
  • Cooldown: 12
  • Damage: 40+1.25 STR Physical
  • Effect: Steals 70 mana from your target and gives it to you.
It fits the class really well( Anti mage skill, helps RB's mana problems, has freaking BLADE in the name :p) and if you look at Runeblades skill list, it's "Missing" skills at 5, 30, and 45.

Now, this is the part where we discuss balance, how biased I am, and why I want to make the class OP yadda yadda yadda....

YES this will increase runeblades damage, yes I'm biased (Why would I make this thread if I wasn't?) , will it make RB OP? If it it's thrown in without any changes it will definitely make RB more powerful, but not OP. THIS is the part where I'm called out for "Trying to make my class stronger." The main reason I'm suggesting this is that runeblade has a distinct lack of skills, AKA choices. If this where to be added, I'd expect other skills to be toned down. What I would do:
  • Increase Duskblade CD from 10 to 15
  • Make Darkblade's CD 15
If you read all this, thank you for your time and let the bashing/flaming commence!

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I have indeed heard of the mana problems Runeblades face, and this would be one way to address them.

I feel like the class probably shouldn't get the skill, but at the same time, I have no hard reasons for why it wouldn't fit. It might be a little too "dark" based as far as the magic type goes, but I guess you could say the same for Duskblade.

It would probably make it the most "viable" rogue to boot, but I dunno if anyone cares about that. I'm sure it would be hailed from the rooftops as the most OP class next to Paladin (even if it didn't actually become that much stronger). But hey! Fuck em! LET ER RIP

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
if only we could tie cooldowns together, what if we added darkblade to runeblade's skillset, but tied the 10s cooldown to duskblade. it allows for another choice, depending on what is needed at the time (health or mana) so example:
runeblade uses duskblade on target
runeblade tries to use darkblade 3 seconds later
"darkblade has 7 seconds remaining"
this wont really change the damage output of runeblade, and wont make it OP, it just gives it more choices based on what is needed. (which i guess makes it a bit stronger, but not by much at all.)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
if only we could tie cooldowns together, what if we added darkblade to runeblade's skillset, but tied the 10s cooldown to duskblade. it allows for another choice, depending on what is needed at the time (health or mana) so example:
runeblade uses duskblade on target
runeblade tries to use darkblade 3 seconds later
"darkblade has 7 seconds remaining"
this wont really change the damage output of runeblade, and wont make it OP, it just gives it more choices based on what is needed. (which i guess makes it a bit stronger, but not by much at all.)
But the point is that runeblade needs more skills Q_Q

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I don't really think the amount of Runeblade skills is too low or anything. The Rune system kind of makes up for the lack of a "large" skillset.

But that's just my personal opinion on it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm just saying that the lvling experience for runeblade is pretty bad. Like I said there is a gap at 5, 30, and 45. Also, Telekinesis at lvl 15 is probably one of the most useless skills ever. It just think it would be nice to have 2 skills that scale of str making it a slightly more valuable stat.