• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Nintendo 3DS General

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Because I would be surprised if we had enough 3DS owners on HC to warrant more than one thread.

But yeah! Nintendo's latest handheld. Started weak, but now it's going strong and getting stronger (before anyone asks, I hope the Vita does well too. :p). If anybody else has one, they can share their Friend Codes or discuss what they're playing.

I'm currently working on Sakura Samurai. There's a nice little zen element to it- keep calm, read your opponents, react. Very fun. Also, there's lots of fruit-slicing.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I got mine on boxing day. Got zelda with it on the same day. Rather happy of the purchase.

I might say friendcode later, but for now, nah.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Injecting some new life into this thread, maybe it'll get more that 2 posts this time? :p Just got Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I felt like sharing.

Critics can criticize, but so far it is the best thing I've played on my 3DS. The shooting bits are wonderful, but the ground combat is tougher to get a handle on. It's still plenty enjoyable when you adjust. The dialogue is very self-aware, and mostly funny, even if sometimes the voices themselves border on annoying. You can adjust the difficulty before each level- typically you'll want to put it as high as you're comfortable with. If you die it ratchets you down some, giving you a better chance of beating the level at the cost of delicious loot.

There is SO MUCH STUFF to get. This is one thing of many it has in common with SSB Brawl. There is tons of stuff to unlock. Music, trophies, weapons, stages for multiplayer... The list goes on. The weapon system is really deep- Different classes of weapon, different variants within the classes, and different stats on each instance of a variant. You can buy them, sell them, fuse them, or send them to other people with the game. This makes my brain happy.

Multiplayer is rock solid, but sometimes the nukes and lasers and stuff end up lagging the match for a moment or two.
The controls are a bit weird. You will be using the touch screen for aiming. You could theoretically move the reticule with the ABXY buttons but it's so limiting. And even though it supports the frankenstick (circle pad pro) it won't let you use one for aiming and another for movement. Why not? I dunno.

Overall, day one with the game has been fantastic, and from what I understand I'm nowhere near done with it.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Thank you for the information, I might go and buy it if there so many kinds of weapons like that. Saw some video of it, might get it. Thank you again.

Edit: Just bought it, xD.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'm waiting for SSB atm, really the only reason I bought my 3DS. I bought LoZ: Ocarina of Time and not being a zelda fan, it's kind of meh.. I am however looking into Kid Icarus. :D

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, definitely consider it Shizz. It seems that there's considerable overlap between the Smash Bros team and the Kid Icarus team, so even assuming they jumped right into SSB it's only been a couple months since they began.

Does anybody have a map of the Treasure Hunt boards? I really want to unlock the remaining weapons and I'm too impatient to try and do it the right way. And hey, those feathers have to go somewhere.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Managed to unlock all of the weapons. I got the Palutena Bow, Pit's bow from Brawl and I slaughter people with it 1v1.

@Evanist if you want to swap friend codes that would be awesome. I've been seeing something about organizing groups for Light vs Dark mode, it would be awesome to coordinate and own some people that way.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
@Dazureus I'm probably gonna get Icarus after paper mario, i need paper mario first because the wii one pissed me off a lot

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Cool stuff, although I haven't heard much about Paper Mario 3D recently. You may be waiting a while.