• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja skill: "Dodge"

Isaaclite

TNT
Dodge, I'm pretty sure it might have been a skill that ninja used to have, not sure though/don't remember. But whether or not, ninjas should get dodge.
Effect: (Passive) 5 percent chance to evade any damage, chance goes up with each level.
OR
Effect: (Upon activation) For 5 seconds, 50 percent chance to evade all damage. (Unlike curse, which effects a single enemy target, dodge would prevent damage from all sources within duration period)

Ninjas are known for their trickery, agility, and dexterity (and probably more), so why miss out on something like dodge? It's in the name "NINJA"

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I remember a while back that Kainzo was thinking about adding blocks/dodges/parries I believe that Kainzo wants to add percentage based skills/abilities and have them effected by upcoming: "Hero Loot," attributes and possibly races.

I was thinking, why leave it at dodge? Say for warriors, they could have a block which has a percentage of mitigating dmg. Or you could have a parry which would could have a percentage to deflect dmg and possibly recoil/disarm the target. I like the idea, but I think it would be more of a RPG expansion with an increased lvl cap, new skills, and new RPG aspects.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
This sounds like something that needs attributes to go with it, so you can choose to scale more dmg or like dexterity for dodge or something.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll see what we can do. I like having passive miss chances on vanilla attacks. It may go hand-in-hand when we also bring out a resistance system (which may be heavily tied to an attributes system).

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This goes hand in hand with Crit. If a player gets randomly lucky in a fight with Crits, he'll win. Ditto if be manages to pull off a bunch of dodges, which are random. I'd rather know whether I'm a good/bad player depending on my gameplay, not RNG. Remember the random blackjack procs not too long ago? How easily a ninja would shit on a player just because of a passive skill? No thank you.