• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja - New Passive IDEA

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok so a lot of people are saying Ninja should get shadow step and I agree, but I also think maybe a passive called evade would be pretty nice, the skill would give like a 20-40ish percent to evade damage, This would probs have to only work on melee or certin low (for the caster) damage skills, maybe make it so it can only occur once every X Seconds.... one reason im posting this is because it would really help ninja go toe to toe with "stronger" melee classes.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
40ish percent?? You're kidding right? That number is so high that I don't even know if I should laugh of feel pity for you ignorance. Maybe an active skill that last x number of seconds, but definitely not a passive skill.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
40ish percent?? You're kidding right? That number is so high that I don't even know if I should laugh of feel pity for you ignorance. Maybe an active skill that last x number of seconds, but definitely not a passive skill.
Ik 40 is sorta high it was just an example as a number..... pretty sure I said that in the op

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Wouldn't something like 1-5% be a tad bit better? I do think an active ability for that would be better, or make it have a decentish long cooldown, so you could only get the evade off once or twice in a fight, which could still mean life/death. Maybe have it at 10-20%, if it has ~ 20 sec cooldown. (Though definitely still the lower end of 10-20%)

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
This concept is too passive, literally there is no thought involved it's just enjoy a free defensive stat. As Michael said: boring.
Backstab at least adds the gameplay element of trying to get behind someone

MichaelRL

Legacy Supporter 3
I was thinking of a skill. Its a targeting skill, Once you target something you go invisible for 4-5 seconds and like smoke and everything breaks on contact and when you hit something but on a short cool down like 10 seconds. Range 2 blocks. also works on mobs for open world aspect of ninja because it's sure not a arena class.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
If what you're looking for is a way to reduce damage, I've got an idea. What if, we gave ninja a skill called Parry or something.

Skill: Parry
Desc: The ninja prepares to parry an attack for 2 seconds. If the next hit is a normal melee hit, the attacker is disarmed. If the next attack is a skill, the attacker is stunned for <time> seconds.
Cost: <med-amount> Mana, <med-amount> Stamina
CD: 30seconds.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Ninja does not need a way to reduce damage, we are squishy melee assassins not tanky swordsman.
What ninja needs is a way to deal damage outside of backstabs (impossible against any skilled player) and the 30 second cooldown eviscerate + blitz combo (blitz is a bitch to get off)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ninja's not meant to be a class where u run in sword blazing, its a class that uses stealth and surprise. also, @Ahrall try smoking or fading, then using blitz, the warmup doesnt turn off invis :D.

RNG is fun, and kainzo wants moar! however, i dont think a defensive skill would be the way to go. maybe critical strike, such as a 5%+.1% per agility chance per melee to deal double damage. would not stack with backstab, nor does it work with skills.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Blitz + smoke is my usual combo but it kinda sucks to have to pop our repositioning skill to get it off. Not a big issue, but a bit annoying.
Critical strike would actually be a pretty solid idea, especially if it scaled with agility (I'm seriously considering running with a zero agility build at the moment). Might be able to code it so that attacking from behind is a guaranteed critical so we could do away with backstab