• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion new world idea!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ok was taking shower (probly didnt need to know but wtf) and thought of a cool idea! If any of you have ever read/played one of those "you are the hero" books where you choose an option and go to a certain page or something, or have to roll dice for "combat", then you'll know where im getting this.

----I think it would be cool to have an "adventure" world that is choice related. you spawn in a little room, all of your items in some kind of storage so you cannot cheat, and in the room there are a couple chestshops for weapons, one for an iron shovel, one for an iron hoe, one for an iron sword, and one for an iron axe.
----Now as you walk towards the other side of the room, there are signs giving a scenario that tell you where you are (or maybe you need to find out where you are) and what's going on (or you need to find out whats going on). then at the other end of the room are a couple doors that have signs above them giving you choices, ie: you talk to the local villagers, or you find a cave, go inside or keep walking. or something like that. then have people fall down a ways so they cannot use skills (jump, blink, superjump, etc) to get out, and have the scenario in that room.
----Maybe "you searched the cave, zombies!" and have some zombie spawners in it spawning zombies or something. then at the other end of the room have more choices, etc etc. sometimes you may choose a choice that will kill you, ie: you fall into a pit of lava, or maybe into the void because of a dark powerful sorcerer or something.
----Sometimes you may find a scenario where you find (or someone gives you) an item, have maybe a dispenser with falsebook stuff that gives you an item once maybe every 5 mins or something, to prevent cheating, and maybe you will have to use that item later on, give it to some king or he will behead you, etc etc.

just thought this was a good idea, hope at least ONE person thinks this is cool, open to critisism.

---- = tabs, wont let me use them, 4 spaces wont work cuase it moves everything over >.<

Northac

Obsidian
this sounds kinda interesting, only issue i can see is that itll get old once you finish it. And keeping it new would take a lot of work

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
true, it might get boring, but maybe once every 3 or so patches (is that too fast?) or maybe once every 5 patches or something like that a new hallway or something could be added to the spawn to a new one, instead of just updating the old one, that way the old one could still be used by those that havent done it. oh, nevermind, that's even more work... derp maybe 1-3 per map? not too many, but something to enjoy for a short time or something. sort of like a minigame, which if anything, i found a cool plugin awile ago called kingoftheladder, its like king of the hill, but its king of the ladder, which is really just one big post in the middle of some other posts. players jump on the post and try to stay on the top for a configurable amount of time. it's not easy because other players can use their fists to knock you off and take your place. by default, the description tells you to make it a bunch of posts, but on my sh*tty server, i built the arena to be more like king of the ladder, people start on the bottom, and you try to get to the top, i put cobwebs on the bottom floor to promote strategy and stuff, its a highly configurable plugin that is admin started, or those that have perms to start it, and would be cool for events and such in herocraft. there is also a configurable reward for the winner, ie, 5 coins... just something to get people to actually do it. just a minigame...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Adventure world is planned I believe, unless Bastion is becoming intertwined with the adventure world idea.