• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Warrior Ability Idea

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Moving this from another thread -

Ok ok, now i know my last suggestion was panned worse than "Grown ups 2", but my mama didnt raise no quitter so lets try again.

IMO, berserker, paladin and dreadknight are all very cool classes with a great diversity of abilities. Only problem - they will never catch kiting classes to actually damage / do anything to them. So I am proposing a new ability given to only these three classes that fits in with the warrior tank / protector mold and would give another great group function.

"Ball o' Insults" - You hurl a ball of insults (literally a ball like fireball lol) at your target, insinuating their mother may or may not be a hamster, and their father totally reeked of elderberries. This ability has different effects depending on if the target is struck from the front or behind. If struck from the front, the target is infuriated and focuses all attention on you, reducing their damage dealt to all targets other than you by 40% for 5 seconds. If struck from behind, the target loses their will to flee and is hit with slowness IV (or whatever that horrible slowness we get on warmups is) for 5 seconds. 10 second cooldown? 200 stam? something like that.

Is such an ability even possible to program? i do not know, but a man can dream. It seems like all the pieces are in game (fireball, taunt, backstab, warmup slow), but how to combine them i have no clue.

Dragoons are not allowed to have this ability.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The whole nature of kiting tactics and running from combat, is a tricky subject.
  • Should you be able to flee from combat easily, or should confrontations be more of an obstacle?
  • Should we give classes more CC to prevent escapes or not?
An idea I've been thinking is that on top of agility modification, classes should have different base movement speeds. In general (of course there will be exceptions) is that Rogues would be the fastest, followed by Warriors, Healers, and Magi as the slowest.

Now, in terms of the skill I like the idea, but I don't like it being on all warriors. The concept of it weakening opponents would work nicely with Berserker's Lore/Kit. While, the fear version would make sense with Dreadknights "Nightmare Knight" persona.

Also, I don't like the fact that it's a physical projectile and I would rather it be a Shout/War Cry of sorts.

Last edited:

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Berserker's skills to counter kiting:
Maim- damage and slow.
Toss- brings the target close to you.
Lunge- You leap toward your target. You can get a pretty good range with lots of strength.
Headbut- a 1.25 second stun.
Rupture- Pretty much a skill made to kill people running. More you run the more damage you take!

Dreadknight has alot of dots which can slow/samage kiters. They have a slow(terror). Do they still have shadowstep?

Paladin has reckoning and a stun. They are more of a support class though.

Is this a serious suggestion? A 5 second slow IV with a 10 second cooldown with only 200 stam? This is about as bad as giving ninja a aoe harmtouch for 500 damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Maim- damage and slow.
Lunge- You leap toward your target. You can get a pretty good range with lots of strength.
Rupture- Pretty much a skill made to kill people running. More you run the more damage you take!

Dreadknight has alot of dots which can slow/samage kiters. They have a slow(terror). Do they still have shadowstep?

Paladin has reckoning and a stun. They are more of a support class though.

Is this a serious suggestion? A 5 second slow IV with a 10 second cooldown with only 200 stam? This is about as bad as giving ninja a aoe harmtouch for 500 damage.
Dreadknight lost shadow step. To be fair, besides berserker, these skills are useless once the mage starts to run since you'll never be able to catch up to the mage. Am I saying that Slow IV is good? Hell no, but there is a problem that only certain classes will ever be able to catch up to someone, once they start running.

(Damn, being neutral is a pain...)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Lol its ok malik no need to be neutral, I guess some people just arent capable of understanding the idea that movement skills like blink / jump moves you 12-14 blocks, all these abilities they list as "counters" have ranges of 4-9 blocks or so, therefore the kiting class can, if desired, just stay out of that range and never have to deal with these "counter" abilities.

Heck, wizard has two instant cast projectile spells, there is literally no reason to ever allow classes such as paladin / dreadknight into range to hurt you unless you just want to kill them faster than usual by bothering to use entangle / bolt, etc; ranger can just knockback ii bow to death and a melee class will never get in range of you; ninja can stun and run, shurikan to death if needed (its generally not needed); and dragoon... well it wouldnt be the first time people accused dragoons of having "reach hacks" (check their abilities, they are basically caster range on half of them).

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
And its not like its impossible to kite without running away in a straight line. You can kite while side stepping / jumping and it works perfectly well. This ability would only snare if you were lined up to where it hit you directly in the back, like a backstab projectile.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
And its not like its impossible to kite without running away in a straight line. You can kite while side stepping / jumping and it works perfectly well. This ability would only snare if you were lined up to where it hit you directly in the back, like a backstab projectile.
I understand your argument, but I don't see your skill idea every coming to fruition. I agree that the whole kiting problem is annoying, but I think a more "graceful" solution is need at hand. I'm also in the opinion that class shouldn't have identical skills. I wouldn't mind DK/Pally/Zerk getting more CC, but it would require that said skills would fit the class and have the class balanced around these new changes.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Maim- damage and slow.

might I add a few things?
Maim: the slow is quite short...
Toss, basically repositions the fight, not gets you closer, IE: I=berserker v=target .=block V.......I-->I.......V
lunge= decent
headbutt: damages you as well, nothing to do with kiting, a drawback, esp when the wizard will just nuke u down to where you cant use it anyways.
rupture: has a damage cap.

movement skills like blink / jump moves you 12-14 blocks.

blink moves you 7 blocks, and often puts u in the air slightly to where you only gain about 5 blocks advantage, not 12-14.

I suggest maybe a 15 block range skill that just turns the target 180 degrees, so if they're quick, they can turn and run again, but if not, they'll be caught up to. or maybe... the previous skill goes to berserker or paladin, or both, and maybe dreadkngiht can get a skill that makes a "terrifying visage" (maybe a wither?) at the target location range 13-16 blocks away that turns all enemies the opposite direction from it, so if used incorrectly, would do nothing. but correctly, same thing as the flip, but AoE. also it's only there for a second to make a noise and be slightly seen, and the flip is once. give the flip for berserkers and pallies 12 second cd, 250 stam, dreadknights: 15 second cooldown, 200 stam, 90~ mana.

Last edited:

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think that warriors need any new movement skills. They are slow tanks. Mages are supposed to have a edge on warriors.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
blink might move you 7 blocks as a runeblade - as a wizard, its 12-14 blocks generally depending on how heavy you invest in intellect (assuming at least 30 int total attribute score).

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I think it's worth noting here that rupture does a pitiful amount of damage. Granted, it's hard to balance an ability like this because people are constantly moving whilst fighting, whether they like it or not, but at this point in time rupture only deals ~150 max damage when someone is sprinting away from you after using this ability.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it's worth noting here that rupture does a pitiful amount of damage. Granted, it's hard to balance an ability like this because people are constantly moving whilst fighting, whether they like it or not, but at this point in time rupture only deals ~150 max damage when someone is sprinting away from you after using this ability.
I remember when it was 10dmg per tick and didn't have a cap. Exploding goons was a sight to see :)