• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New some ideas for my project.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well the title is messed up, but it was suppose to be, NEED SOME IDEAS FOR MY PROJECT.
So comment below cuz I really need ideas.

So I haven't been on Herocraft lately because I finally had a huge and fking great idea.
To make a computer on Minecraft
the small version works so I am creating it now.

You might be saying, no way peter, that's impossible a computer on Minecraft?
Well once I get all the working parts together I will show you, I am letting Herocraft members download the map first before anyone else is able too.

Most of the parts I need, dont exist or are too slow, SO I AM CREATING THEM MYSELF.
for example, the first vertical counter on youtube, all designed by me.

I will be making videos shortly and also adding in progress video here to entertain you guys.

I need ideas for how the computer will work

I already have a working Hard drive that will have 9,600 redstone torches acting as bits, or in terms you can understand 2.4 kilobytes. Which is A LOT! and I can still make more if i run out.
Each bit has an address and I do have a reader and writer working that can read at 8 bits for every 10 ticks and write 8 bits at every 5 ticks.
For those that know enough redstones, that is amazing fast.

I will put up a quick video of the Hard drive demonstration soon, for those that are in disbelieve

This video should give you an example how my display will work, it's higly compact and easily manageable.

2. Pong -pff i can do that in my sleep
3. Rock paper scissor - hard to put on a display but I am going to do it!
4. Astroid - oh yea baby!
5. Space invaders.

What I have working
  • Display
  • GPU (Graphic processor)
  • Hard drive with Readers/writes, and an address locator.
  • A working mouse, cursor
  • Database for the letters/symbols (keyboard takes up too much room so I need a work around)
  • program counter
  • Bus-pff do i really need to mention a bus?
  • Ram (very slow ram because of how far away it is going to be from everything I need.
  • a 4 bit CPU.
What I need to work on.
  • Sound card, (note blocks are not really my thing so, dont hate me if it sounds like crap. Dont worry there is a mute button)
  • a fast decoder that is unique for each application I will have
  • IDEAS!!!
So guys, I need some ideas, I already have a similar post on the minecraft forum and some people gave me ideas like "make the cursor blink so we can see it better." (Which I did implement, was ez.)

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
I have thought
if it is possible, you should make chess for 2 people

I have though about that, but there is no way to differentiate the pieces, only way I can do is to show moves like Queen to A 5 or something like that and tell whose turn it is. if you were to play against a CPU.

I have though about that, but there is no way to differentiate the pieces, only way I can do is to show moves like Queen to A 5 or something like that and tell whose turn it is. if you were to play against a CPU.
Well, it'd just take a larger screen then what you've already got (making it horizontal might be a good idea), and then have a different "symbol" (or set of indented blocks/pixels) set for each piece. And just skip the CPU option, in my opinion. ;)

As an afterthought, a chess board would probably look cooler with the different blocks pushed up rather than indented...

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well the first part to the computer is done basically. framework is in place, now to add the rest of the parts.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
:eek: nice job Peter, this looks amazing. Can't wait to see how you do space invaders.