• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Ranger skill: Frost shot

A

Azzezima

Hello,

Recently there was a big Ranger nerf (No fire arrows on explosive shot)
And i played with ranger on test to see if this nerf makes rangers underpowered.
Now i noticed that even if you can do enough damage, almost 100% of the time you are trying to run away from your opponent to get a clear shot. This skill won't work with envenom (So you can't have envenom and frost shot at the same time).
This is the reason why i made this skill, to give Rangers a little bit more control.

Skill name: Frost Shot
Description: TOGGLE: The Ranger enchants his/her basic attacks with ice, slowing his/her targets for 1 seconds (Slow I).
Cooldown: 30 Seconds.
Active: 15 Seconds
Cost: 300 Stamina.
Level: 40

-Azzezima-

Last edited by a moderator:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
You know?
Before you disagree.. Explain why it is op, so your comment actually helps.

-Azzezima-
You would hit one arrow and it would pretty much make all your other arrows easy to hit.

And getting rid of the fire on explosive shot does not make a huge impact on the class. When a target is on fire your arrows bounce off (a lot of the time) reducing your damage output significantly

A

Azzezima

You would hit one arrow and it would pretty much make all your other arrows easy to hit.

And getting rid of the fire on explosive shot does not make a huge impact on the class. When a target is on fire your arrows bounce off (a lot of the time) reducing your damage output significantly
wrong.
The arrows bouncing off thing only happens on mobs, not on players.
And it won't be that easy to hit every arrow because it's only slow I.

-Azzezima-

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Isn't there already ice volley? IMO Ice Volley is good enough; ice arrows would allow you to keep slowing them over and over because it makes all your arrows have a slow until it's gone, rather than Ice Volley's not OP slow that you use once then have to wait for cd, which is longer than the duration of the slow. I think this might work if the slow was short, like .8 second slow, but IMO Ice Volley is more interesting than this.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
wrong.
The arrows bouncing off thing only happens on mobs, not on players.
And it won't be that easy to hit every arrow because it's only slow I.

-Azzezima-
I really hate going to MC's wiki but I think you should read this.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Damage#Damage_immunity
After sustaining damage from any source, a mob will turn red in color for a short period of time. During this period, any other incoming damage will not be counted against the mob's total health. Players are also subject to damage immunity
------------------------------
Icearrow was something removed for several reasons last map:
  • Rangers became dependent on it. Made the class boring
  • Players with good aim chained them together. (This was without aimedshot or explosive shot so add those in also)
  • Adds to the "elemental archer" which we tried really hard to get away from

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Ice Arrow becomes an incredibly strong mechanic when it applies on hit.
Ice Volley is the new direction for the mechanic, and it allows the skillset to be so much more complex.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Hello,

Recently there was a big Ranger nerf (No fire arrows on explosive shot)
You lose, what, 3 ticks of fire damage? That's only 45 true damage, which is absolutely nothing if you look at Ranger's bow and skill damage. If anything, fire ticks decrease your overall damage as some of the previous comments have mentioned.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
for once I agree with BaBomba :eek:
other than that this helps the class the fire blocks some of the arrows reducing the dmg, if you hit 1 arrow during that time you make up for the fire damage lost and with its current bow AND axe damage ranger is no where near underpowered... look at all aspects of the class instead of this change on 1 skill

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
TBH balance handled Ice arrow rlly well it's op they remove (well probs kain) and ranger gets this awesome rework with op multishot and people miss ice arrow.... So they take out multishot And add ice volley So it mixes too really good ranger skills in a really balanced way, nice job

A

Azzezima

Okay, Thank you guys for your opinions.
Thread closed.

-Azzezima-

Avoir

Obsidian
Hey now, can we have ONE thread that doesn't become a huge flame war? As Azzezima said, the thread is closed. If you feel like starting a fight, do it in PM so we don't have to see it.
Bomba get your head out of your ass, I didn't see the comment so sit down, not starting a flame war.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
You know?
Before you disagree.. Explain why it is op, so your comment actually helps.

-Azzezima-
They have Ice Volley or whatever it is called. The taking fire off explosive shot was a BUFF. Fire made it where your shots wouldn't render sometimes if they connected. So yeah. Plus you shouldn't be running the whole time if you have a knockback 2 bow. You are perfectly fine. Ranger is one of the most broken classes right now.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Thread closed.

A

Azzezima

They have Ice Volley or whatever it is called. The taking fire off explosive shot was a BUFF. Fire made it where your shots wouldn't render sometimes if they connected. So yeah. Plus you shouldn't be running the whole time if you have a knockback 2 bow. You are perfectly fine. Ranger is one of the most broken classes right now.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Thread closed.
No problem :D

-Azzezima-