• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Players Start in Local Chat

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
New players should not start in local chat. I suspect this is one of the reasons so many new players leave. I understand that this was done to prevent spam, but I think this hurts the server more than it helps. There should be better way to combat spam.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
New players should not start in local chat. I suspect this is one of the reasons so many new players leave. I understand that this was done to prevent spam, but I think this hurts the server more than it helps. There should be better way to combat spam.
I was wondering why new players didn't talk... they couldnt! o_o
I think a better way to combat spam is to have a staff member make sure spam doesn't make itself to chat, like Guides Proctors Mods or Admins ( Unless one of them already does this XD )

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I fully agree with this suggestion. When I originally joined, I did find it clunky and a general pain in the arse to work with.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Strange, when I joined I recall seeing "you must join a channel before you can speak", rather than just being in local chat.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I don't see people in tour chat at all anymore. I think 3 days in tour should be required for all new players.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like they should have mods just watch chat (that's kinda one of the things mods are supposed to do right) or make a new rank/give chat mod to and old rank

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
Or they could go the lazy man's approach and get or code in a auto spam kicker mod or plugin. something like 4 lines with in a 3 second window automatic kick from server, and msg to any available admin or mods in the case they come back so that repeated offenses can be swiftly muted, banned, etc.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Or they could go the lazy man's approach and get or code in a auto spam kicker mod or plugin. something like 4 lines with in a 3 second window automatic kick from server, and msg to any available admin or mods in the case they come back so that repeated offenses can be swiftly muted, banned, etc.

I'm sure that they thought of this before, but there was no one there who could code this. Just implementing a random plugin won't work, there must be some contact who maintains it too.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its an easy fix and will push it - but if people start spamming, will find a better alternative.