• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New map PvP border and Building Border

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Assuming RPG spawn will work the same way that all RPG world spawns have (200-400 blocks of spawn castle and the Nexus) then we should seriously consider the following change:

(spawn goes from 0 to 400R in this example)
All Non-Chest blocks are placeable from 400R to 600R. After 600R, Chests are placeable and Deathchests work.
The PvP border remains at 400R.

This will help with the "first thing new players see is crap houses, border LWCs, and non-Trade-hub shops" issue and with "PvP border hopping".
The idea is to make RPG borders a place to show off builds and own property in respectable proximity to your neighbors WITHOUT living there or being safe while building there.

Thoughts?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Assuming RPG spawn will work the same way that all RPG world spawns have

A terrible assumption. I don't know all the details, but pretty much all the functions of prior spawns (trade, warp to other worlds...) will be in Central.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
A terrible assumption. I don't know all the details, but pretty much all the functions of prior spawns (trade, warp to other worlds...) will be in Central.
I am aware of the new Hub Port with all the boats and the exchange. I clarified with

"(200-400 blocks of spawn castle and the Nexus)"

So to be clear: Neo-Haven will still have an impressive building to spawn in. Around this area's borders are where I am suggesting a ring of "PvP, building, No Chests" where we can have nice builds without needing anyone to live there. It is difficult to live near spawn due to the constant activity. Therefore no one who makes nice things builds them near where New Players first see the server. This suggestion is to help make us more appealing by adding incentives for builders to make nice RPG style builds near spawn without turning it into a wasteland of "crap houses, border LWCs, and non-Trade-hub shops".

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Assuming RPG spawn will work the same way that all RPG world spawns have (200-400 blocks of spawn castle and the Nexus) then we should seriously consider the following change:

(spawn goes from 0 to 400R in this example)
All Non-Chest blocks are placeable from 400R to 600R. After 600R, Chests are placeable and Deathchests work.
The PvP border remains at 400R.

This will help with the "first thing new players see is crap houses, border LWCs, and non-Trade-hub shops" issue and with "PvP border hopping".
The idea is to make RPG borders a place to show off builds and own property in respectable proximity to your neighbors WITHOUT living there or being safe while building there.

Thoughts?
"RPG" is now the tag for Adventure.. PVP is haven+