• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Druid Skill

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
The name of this skill is Gust. The idea is to add a bit more fun into Druid healing by adding an aimed skill to help out teammates. I sort of got this idea based off of @Dakinara 's "healball" thread.

Gust: You launch forward a gust of wind, healing all allies hit for 115 hp and granting them a short speed boost
I see this working as a bonespear-like projectile with grey fireworks, granting your allies speed II for 5 seconds. The skill would have a 30 second cooldown.

Well, that's all. Please leave your opinions on the skill.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
If this skill does come out. 30 seconds is a long cool down. Id say 15 seconds is fine as you have to aim it for it to work.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
If this skill does come out. 30 seconds is a long cool down. Id say 15 seconds is fine as you have to aim it for it to work.
Yeah, I guess I agree with this. The reason I initially put 30 was because of the speed boost. Don't want it too spammable.

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
This is probably gonna sound stuffy and unnecessary, but I think the description should be: Gust-You launch a SOOTHING gust of wind healing all targets enwrapped by it for 115 health, and takes the some weight off of their feet letting them move more freely. This one sounds more earthy, like a healing spell should.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I feel as though the name is very opposing to the functionality. Gust sounds offensive, but you are proposing an AoE Heal that gives a speed boost :eek:

'Druid' is meant to be more than just a name change from Mystic. I was overwhelmed with attributes before the map wipe though, so I never got around to making any major new skills.

Where Mystic was largely healing based with slight support, Druid will be moving towards more offensive support with above average healing. More than Disciple / BM, but less than Cleric. Probably about halfway inbetween. The offensive support abilities would be something akin to MelodicBindings or VoidSong. They don't necessarily need to do damage, but should provide desirable effects for his team.

So as far as this idea goes, probably not, but that's not to say I'm not open to other ideas. Just try to keep the above in mind. A projectile based heal would be fine with me, but would likely replace one of their current heals.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
if it replaces a heal, make it rejuvenate lol. i dont think anyone is a fan of it in its current state (weak regrowth). would love if cleric and druid could both get at least one projectile type heal (and cleric, as the primary healing class, should have at least one single target one (healball type would be my preference) with a low cooldown to heal others without increasing self healing IMO).

And i am fine with the direction you are proposing for druid, and will admit druid feels much stronger (IMO) than cleric to me right now, despite the weaker healing. I got cleric to 52 before i just shelved the thing for being absolutely useless unless in a big group to take advantage of the great group heals (again, just my opinion, but was not a fun experience for me).

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The issue with both Cleric and Druid is the lackluster Skillsets. I'd definitely say that Druid is more appealing than Cleric, but they are both feeling pretty lame. I know a lot of that is due to my repeated nerfs to their healing numbers, but it's an undoubtable fact that their skills are very simple and plain. I tried to do some interesting things with a few healer spells, but they are both still not where I'd prefer them.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
The issue with both Cleric and Druid is the lackluster Skillsets. I'd definitely say that Druid is more appealing than Cleric, but they are both feeling pretty lame. I know a lot of that is due to my repeated nerfs to their healing numbers, but it's an undoubtable fact that their skills are very simple and plain. I tried to do some interesting things with a few healer spells, but they are both still not where I'd prefer them.

yayyy. I would love some more interesting to use abilities for both, glad to hear this is something you are considering. I love earthwall / rampart vine on druid - if druid / cleric can get some healing centric abilities with ground targeting, projectile, or any other varient there-of that would be awesome

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Here is another idea for a druid one -

Creeper Ally (lol doesnt have to be a creeper but i want to see a pink creeper) - Spawn a nature-friendly, pink creeper at ground targeted location. After x (probably 3) seconds the creeper explodes with love, healing all allies within 5 blocks for x and knocking away enemies within 5 blocks (healing based on wisdom, knockback based on int?). 20 second cooldown? Can make it not heal self if need be, knockback would still be useful to some degree on self even with no healing.

I think this would be a fun skill for a few reasons. Would require some aim ability on part of caster, would require allies be aware of location and not run away before explodes / try and position to knock away enemies also, and would give enemies time to respond and either exit the radius to avoid knockback, and / or try to knock allies out of radius to prevent them from being healed. Plus it has the fun factor of being a pink, friendly creeper.

Basically, it is an ability that would increase the need for situational awareness and complex decision making by all parties involved (caster, caster's allies, caster's enemies) @_@.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
creeper would obviously need a smiley instead of a frown. ill see what i can find / make.

someone made this umm... http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/2825143/pink-creeper-plz-vote/

Looks good enough to me!

Edit: ok ok, if the pink creepr is too uh, awesome for some people, can go with a more "lore centric" mushroom creeper, and change skill language to "sprout an immobile mushroom creeper that explodes with healing spores"

Last edited: