• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Crafter: Scribe, thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Roleplay: The scribe spends his time researching to gain more knowledge on various spells and skills in their realm!

I wanted to bring something out that we could have for a secondary class. It wouldn't be too focused on combat classes but more of "nifty" abilities or ones that have been long dead or not granted.

It could possibly create strong combinations with certain classes but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here's the base skills (and more may be added)
removed bandage (non-combat intense abilities only)
Recall:
level: 1
Mark:
level: 1
SummonPickaxe:
level: 5
Dispel:
level: 20
Farsight:
Overgrowth:
SuperHeat:
SafeFallOther:
Scan:
Light:
level: 30

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
OP.

I think some classes might become a bit invincible with that skill set haha. For instance, it adds more survivability to rogues which are high damage outputs and at the same time seems useless for healers. Casters follow the same as rogues and Warriors can now heal on top of there armor and hp haha.

I like the idea with where you are going with this class however, I think you may need to give lower numbers with this.

C

CoolBeans279(Alt)

I dont really like the bandage idea i mean say ninja with bandage? would be way to OP

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Completely changing the subject, but miners' level 55 skill tnt, can it be used to break through regions? Or are regioned blocks unaffected by the explosion?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bandage was a mistake, I'll remove that. We want mostly non-combat related skills here.

Things like Gills / Flameshield, I could see making a way in though.

E

eagles90809

Flameshield would be nice and fair for scribe, but don't forget that flameshield not only makes u immune to fire, but also immune to the initial fireball damage. When I was a geo, i blocked fireballs with flameshield. This would be suuupeerr op

@Kainzo

Algsa777

TNT
The idea of a scribe as a class is GREAT! But 2 suggestions. First get some of the Tier 2 Crafter classes and make another Tier 1 Class that has maybe; Enchanter, Alchemist, Merchant then add Scribe for it's Tier 2 option. Second, It should be less active mobile and survivable but have more acedemic like maps, and books. When I think of Scribe I think of a Gerky dude with alot of Books and Maps guiding the Heroes to the Dungeon/Enemy Kingdom.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
How about we get that plugin that lets you write in books and let scribes write in them lol

edit: is it a plugin or is it in vanilla now?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo, It seems like a very nice class. Is this a Spec or a another starter class for crafter? If it is a Starter path will you be able to spec like normal?[DOUBLEPOST=1346969335,1346969182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Completely changing the subject, but miners' level 55 skill tnt, can it be used to break through regions? Or are regioned blocks unaffected by the explosion?

Wouldn't that count as griefing?